Is this positive?? Pregnant on Mirena?

Missy08

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for some advice! I currently have the Mirena IUD and have had for about 2 years now. Ever since I've been on it, my cycles have been all out of wack. Sometimes I'll have a period, sometimes I won't, and sometimes it will be light, so the thought is always kind of in my head that I could be pregnant and not know. Well this month, I've been having cramping but never any period. I've also noticed I've been more emotional than normal and have woken up feeling sick in the middle of the night. I was googling yesterday (oops! :haha:) and read all kinds of stories about women who've gotten pregnant with the Mirena. Anyway, so I went last night and bought a pregnancy test. The first one I took said negative and so I took another one this morning so I could use the FMU and it looked like it said negative pretty quick so I threw it away. Well I just went to empty the trash and looked at them again :blush: The one from last night still showed clearly negative but the one from this morning had a faint line (see pic).

I'm a daycare provider and I've got kiddos here right now otherwise I'd be out buying another PG test....what do you all think? Does this look positive?? (I might also note that we have 2 girls who were both conceived with very little effort....we seem to be very fertile).

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 110
I do see something very very faint but blue dye tests are hard for me to trust much with all the evaps they seem to have... I would try a pink dye in the morning if you can!!

Looks like a line, retest when you can and update!

I can def. see a line. This is what my first test looked like. It was also a blue dye test. I would get a First Response and test again.

I'd get a pink dye and test again, but even with those a faint line can come up after it sits for a while so that's why they say not to read them after 10 minutes. One time, I did a frer and it was negative so I threw it away and when I went to take the trash out I thought I'd look one more time and I had a line. It had been in the trash all day. I wasn't pregnant. So definitely test again and see, but I wouldn't trust a test that had sit for a while. GL

Im swaying towards an evap in honesty

I'm with LoraLoo, looks more like an evap to me. Especially if you combine the 'waited way over 10 minutes to check again' and you've already had a negative.

Personally I'd get a pink dye test anyway as I'd be way too worried and wouldn't be able to get it out of my head, but I don't think that's a positive.

I'm thinking an evap, too, it's just startling to see a line there. It wouldn't be the worst thing if we happened to be pregnant, although we aren't trying yet...Although even if it were positive, I'm sure there would be issues since I have the Mirena...

Ur only supposed to read pregnancy tests within 5 mins of peeing on them...otherwise ur results are invalid. That looks like an evaporation line anyway from reading it after the time period. If ur worried about being pregnancy definitely make sure ur not though. If u were pregnant with mirena it can cause huge problems for u and the baby

If you suspect pregnancy then if I were you I would go straight to my Dr and get bloods done. Being pregnant with an IUD in can be dangerous. GL, hun!

Looks like it could be an evap. Test again with pink dye if you can and if thats + you'll need to get to the drs asap. As PP said it can be dangerous.

The chances are extremely slim, but we fell pregnant with the mirena. Well, we actuallycant find it. Its either perforated my uterus or fallen out (its only 2cms and "plasticy"), but I doubt that it fell out.

Good luck, most woman miscarry within a week or 2.

The chances are extremely slim, but we fell pregnant with the mirena. Well, we actuallycant find it. Its either perforated my uterus or fallen out (its only 2cms and "plasticy"), but I doubt that it fell out.

I've heard the same thing about miscarriage being common if one does become pregnant with the Mirena....

This might be a weird question, but how did you find out you were pregnant...did you have symptoms and decide to test or did you still have regular periods on the mirena and miss it? How far along where you when you found out?

I'm going to retest tomorrow morning. I'm thinking if it was a faint positive, tomorrow would show positive for sure (if that's what it was).

I've heard the same thing about miscarriage being common if one does become pregnant with the Mirena....

This might be a weird question, but how did you find out you were pregnant...did you have symptoms and decide to test or did you still have regular periods on the mirena and miss it? How far along where you when you found out?

I'm going to retest tomorrow morning. I'm thinking if it was a faint positive, tomorrow would show positive for sure (if that's what it was).

I had it for 4 years, haven't had a period in years! In May I spotted, only enough for a liner. Then started feeling nauseous and major sensitive nipples. POAS and it was a blazing positive. I was about 5/6 weeks along when we found out.
Ill be watching this thread for an update! :flower:

ETA: We never felt the string either. Apparently you are supposed to check that its there.
In April, dh said sex felt odd the one time.. like something was in the way. (tmi).. Maybe it came out then.. but its missing in action.

Re-took with a pink dye test and it was def. BFN, which is good. I'm on the Mirena so if we had happened to conceive, there would be health risks. Even though we weren't trying and it's good I'm not pregnant because of the Mirena, it's still kind of disappointing to see a negative for some reason.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->