Is this rude?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Is it rude if I request that people don't give her any more stuffed animals for a while? I just finally completed the bedroom/nursery and I seriously don't have one single inch of space left in this place. She has over 40 bears and toys already and I just don't have anywhere to put them! They're just going to sit there collecting dust because she's never going to play with them all.

I don't think thats rude at all. I'm sure people would much prefer to buy things for her that she needs or will use. I certainly would if it was me!

omg I know how you feel... I kept all my stuffed animals from when I was a kid, and she has gotten so many from other people!

I dont think its rude at all.

i havent got that many teddies but the amount i have got drive me crazy i havent got room to put them all which like you say is a waste then.
i personally wouldnt say that its rude

Lou
xxx

Omg, I'm so with you there...I had just cleared out and settled all the toys from Christmas,there were sooo many stuffed things!
I think one day I'm gonna just pack some of them and take them to the Children's home...

I don't think it's rude,people are going to understnad.

i dont think its rude , i dread recieving any aswell , as you said they only collect dust!

UGH! Stuffed animals. Yes, they are cute but after awhile become a big pain in the butt.

You are by far from being rude if you request no more stuffies :)

It's not rude at all.

Although, people who are buying teddies for your bub obviously are getting joy from buying something for you, so to avoid maybe putting them out a little, suggest something you really need or want for her.

I had a friend buy me a box of nappies for Christmas, because she wanted to get me something practical, something that I NEEDED but basically anything I need I'll buy, so rather than saying "oh I dont need anything" I asked if she'd mind getting nappies and wipes? She got to get me something that made her feel good about getting me something and I didn't get stuck with any useless stuff to find room for.

I went through the stuffed animals we were given and threw half out :blush:

Nope, we have kind of said the same thing to our families, as well as that we won't buy her any more new stuffed toys until she develops a bond with a few of them.
I mean, buying so many stuffed animals is just a waste of money.

No it's not rude, sometimes I get a little fed up of the amount of stuff sonny's parents buy because we just don't have the room (im not being ungrateful, just we live in 1 room basically lol)

Maybe you can suggest that they buy you gift vouchers or some other bits that you need instead?

I don't think that's rude at all. This year for Christmas I told family that if they wanted to get the girls something they could get them clothes because they have so many toys that just sit, and the never play with them. I'm sure they'll be grateful that they can get something that you can actually use!

ugh, i know the feeling, despite my telling my mum to stop getting her teddy bears and stuffed things.... she gets one EVERYTIME she goes to the grocery store.... they have that little house and home section in superstore... and they always have teddy bears and things on sale... so she gets jordyn one EVERYTIME.... i cant even keep track of them anymore!!!!

No! And tell me how it goes with telling people. My sister and I were just talking about this! If she gets one more bloody stuffed animal...... I don't think my smile will be believed at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->