Is this sperm count ok? Calling experienced members

applepies

Reaction score
My DH had a semen analysis done. Here is the result- Volume 4 ml, sperm count 30 million/ml, Morphology-normal form- 45%, Motility-first hour-actively motile 50%, sluggishly motile 25%(total 75% motile sperm). My question is, if the result is satisfactory?

Thank you so much dear! Hugsss ♥ I hope we get our baby soon! And baby dust to you too!

Yeah! Those are great numbers!!!

Thank you so much carrie:hugs:!! Sorry for my late reply hon. I did not notice your reply earlier.

Our doc was saying his numbers are normal but a bit low-normal. He does have some infection(pus cells) in SA, so Doc thinks fixing the infection might give us a better SA. He is on antibiotic now. Plus Doc has given him some Vitamin, Zinc etc multi-supplement.

We will repeat the SA once his antibiotic course is over + 5-7 days abstinence. (Provided it is not my ovulation time :p, then we need to do BD :sex::winkwink::blush:)

I am detected with mild PCOD. So, I was a bit worried if his SA is ok :) Thank you again for putting my mind at rest :)

No problem. I have had to become versed in SAs over the last few years. My husband had is vasectomy reversed after 25 years. His numbers are low, but his urologist doesn't think that it should hold him back. He produces almost 3x the amount of ejaculate a healthy man in his 20's does (DH is 50) so even though his numbers are low, the doctor thinks that we just need to get the month right to get pregnant. Also he was very sick the week he had his SA done and that can lower his numbers significantly.

That's great! Hope you get your BFP soon :thumbup:

In fact My husband and me think, he produces more semen, when we BD, than what he produced in laboratory environment. Plus yes his infection might have lowered his numbers.

Though our doc is hopeful too! I am starting clomid from next cycle. Hope that works. I hope my tubes are not blocked! :( I did not have PID, and did not have any surgery..so hope no more complication arises, and we both get our BFP soon!

Hugsss:hugs:

If we haven't gotten a BFP by December I am going in for a scoping and will start Clomid for my January cycle. I talked to the doctor about the timing. I will come off of Vitex in November and start Clomid in January.

I hope clomid works for both of us that is in case you don't get a BFP already, which I am sure you will :) ! Fx for both of us! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->