Is this the sleep regression?

divadexie

Reaction score
Sooo I keep reading about this sleep regression thing and wondering well with premies when is it? Actual age, corrected age, in between??

Aannywayy.... a few weeks ago Anna actually started being awake more in the day :happydance: that was good because I was beginning to wonder how long she would sleep for 3-4hrs between feeds, eat, be awake for maybe half hour (after taking an hour or so to feed that is!) then get grumpy and sleep again.

So she was then awake from 8.30 (school run) fed, awake for half hour or so then sleep for a couple of hours, feed and then be awake until the next feed then sleep until the next then awake and feed then sleep through the night.

But now! omg. I know I said this being awake more in the day is great. But.... she no longer will go for a nap! :dohh: she doesnt cry, she YELLS and a couple of times I have just had to leave her there in her swing yelling for a while so I can get stuff done. She is setting for sleep alot later and waking at about 4 am too!

But the thing is she is sooo tired like tonight I fed her and she took a whole 6oz bottle that normally make her sleepy (and she wouldnt take any more) took FOREVER to burp even with gripe water and then when I put her to bed she kept spitting the dummy away so I left her to shout and finally TWO HOURS later she was finished shouting and fell asleep without the blimmin dummy.

She has also got harder to burp again! :( I thought we were getting somewhere she was so easy to burp and now she is needing gripe water at every feed she might possibly nap ok in the day for half an hour in her car seat but put her in her cot and she screams and scrunches up because of the wind! It is taking up to two hours to do a bed time feed because she just will not burp! :(

On a better note she is really 'chatting' away all the time now and blowing rasberries hehehe :haha:

Sooo I keep reading about this sleep regression thing and wondering well with premies when is it? Actual age, corrected age, in between??

Goodness knows, i began to think people made it up tbh!!! :rofl:

Holly was around Anna's age when she got worse at sleeping. After a month or so she started going to sleep around 7:30 but unfortunately I am still waiting on a full nights sleep!

Naps have started getting better over the past few weeks as before she was rubbish at sleeping during the day.

Over the last few weeks, Sophie's started to be very difficult to settle at night, and more times than not it's 1am before she will settle. She used to just go straight into her bed after her last bottle but those days are gone! She is really tired and grumpy though - just won't give in! Through the day she sounds really similar to Anna. I just can't get a thing done - she shouts and cries if I even leave her sight but she is clearly exhausted.

They're not hugely far apart in age - are they just a month apart but Anna was 2 weeks earlier? So maybe it spans a few weeks, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->