Is TTC for a second baby usually harder than for the first?

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
My OH and I are vaguely thinking of TTC #2. We conceived #1 fairly easily (within 6 months of starting TTC, we first had a m/c and then conceived #1).

I was just wondering - if you conceived easily the first time around, does that mean that you're likely to conceive easily the second time around too, or are many of you on here struggling a bit the second (or third or whatever) time around?

We're both the 'wrong' side of 35 so I'm just a bit nervous that things may be much harder this time round - although our son is only 20 months old so we were also the 'wrong' age then, IYSWIM.

I don't have a child. But last year me and OH started TTC August, by October I was 4 weeks pregnant (did test 6th of Oct) which said I was 4 weeks along. Sadly I miscarried, but this time trying it's been almost 6 months now and still nothing so by that experience of conceiving I'd say personaly its harder but you've given birth so I have no idea sorry!

We conceived my daughter in our first cycle of trying. This time around we've been trying for 7 months, so in our case it's been much harder this time.

I don't think it's necessarily 'usual' for it to be harder the second time around, unless a lot of time has passed resulting in decrease fertility due to age.

But at the end of the day everyone is different, you could find it happens quickly this time around, good luck!

Hi,
I got pregnant with our first when I was on the pill so weren't trying at all.. been trying for our 2nd for about 5 months or so.. but we were mainly ntnp for a couple of months of that

I do know there's a name for it (after the successful carrying to term of one child) - "secondary infertility" - and there's usually no explanation for it.

My first baby was a 'surprise' albeit a happy one, that resulted from ONE night of love making in over a 6 month period and when we started trying for our second I conceived literally the FIRST month trying! IWe decided to have a baby and I missed my very next period. So conceiving my second was extremely easy! My third however; has been a trying experience, we have been TTC since DS was only 10 months old, I thought it would take a couple of months to conceive and I wanted to have my third when DS turned 2, well here I am 3 years later with no baby and only one failed pregnancy over two years ago. Unspecified Secondary Infertility they called it, but I still think it will happen on it's own soon, and I'm sure it will for you too! But I would suggest starting right away, good luck to you!

I'm having the same issue. Argh. It's very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->