Is your life over after you have children?

Here is my two cents for what it's worth...

It depends on the person. But, for me, my life truly began when I met my hubby and became a Mom to his amazing daughter (she was 9yrs at the time, 15yrs now). THAT was when my life meant something more... was it more complicated, yes, more frustrating and difficult at times, hell yes, was there an adjustment where I needed to find my "nitch"- of course! BUT- I was now responsible for someone other than ME. I'd been single for years (literally years) and just doing my own thing and doing what I needed to do and wanted to do for me only... but having a hubby and daughter (now 2 daughters) to look after and worry about and support me and love me... that made my life so much better. Maybe because I was older- 32- when I met my hubby, but by then, I didn't want that simple care-free going out life anymore... I was over it. I wanted substance. They are my substance.

Yes- life may have been "easier" when I was single... but it was never as fullfilling or wonderful as it is now. And after my LO came along, she just completed our family (and me) in a way I never knew- and brought us all even that much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->