Isaac Thomas Williams born 27th march at 6.20pm!!!

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Isaac finally made his appearance to the world after a 7 day stay in hospital for me with high blood pressure and protein in my pee.

They finally decided to start induction of labour when I was 38 weeks + 1 day as he was measuring term and they were happy with him.

I was transferred to delivery suite and given prostin gel to start my labour off. They planned to break my waters when my cervix started to dilate. But 6 hours after my first prostin nothing had happened. I wasnt having any contractions and my cervix remained high and closed. The dr was baffled as it was my 3rd baby but gave me more prostin then left me overnight.

By the morning when still nothing had happened the dr decided to try and break my waters to try and get my labour going. She managed it but it hurt like mad as I wasnt even 1cm dilated!!

At this point I was taken to a delivery room and they put me on syntocin and then the contractions came!! As my midwife increased the dose and they got stronger, Isaac's heart rate dipped lower and lower and I still wasn't dilating.

All of a sudden loads of people were in the room, I was signing bits of paper thrust in my face and my husband had gone a funny colour! Then I was wheeled off to theatre for an emergency section which felt very surreal, like it was happening to someone else.

The section for me wasnt a bad experience. My husband on the other hand got to see them unpack my insides, as he put it! He has said he never wants to go through it again!

When Issac was lifted from me we were both in shock at how small he was! My first child was 10lb 15oz and my second was 8lb 7oz. Isaac was tiny and weighed 4lb 11oz!!!!!! I was gobsmacked!!

They spent what felt like ages putting me back together while I kept staring at the tiny little bundle my husband was holding, both of us crying with relief that he was ok.

After being in recovery they took me up to the ward where we had some skin to skin contact cuddles which was just the best. The midwife dressed him then fed him for me while I rested.

Because he was so small they were worried that he wasnt maintaining his body temp his his blood sugars were also low. A peadatrician came up to assess him and decided to take him to Neonatal. He has been there since and I am still on the ward recovering from my section, which hurts like mad!!

He is small but perfectly formed. They are just trying to establish his feeding and then he can come with me on the ward in a few days. I am so looking forward to changing a dirty nappy or waking up in the middle of the night to a screaming hungry baby. Until then it still feels a bit like a dream.

Congratulations! I'm glad the section wasn't too bad for you but your poor hubby! I bet it was a huge shock seeing such a teeny thing after 2 good sized babies! I hope he is with you asap xxxxx

Congratulations! Did you know that he was going to be so small?

Love the name ;)

Nicola xx

Congratulations! I hope you get to have your baby with you soon. You've chosen a lovely name! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->