Isla Dawn 10/04/11

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
This all happened quite quickly so some details are a bit sketchy but I'll try my best!

I woke up at 8.30am yesterday (10/04/11) abit pee'd off that I was now 40+2! Thought nothing of the day ahead and went for my morning wee and had lots of clear slimy stuff - on closer look it was slightly blood streaked. Me and OH dtd the night before and thought it just might of irritated my cervix slighty as I had cervical erosion.

By 9.30 I started getting a few uncomfortable cramps - they were strong and about 12 mins apart - luckily only lasting 20-30secs.
At 11 I decided to have a walk round town - I made it to Tesco and they started becoming stronger, by the time I got home theywere bang on 5 minutes apart and lasting 45 secs, left it an hour before I rang the hospital. I rang delivery who said I could wait it out for an hour or so or come in straight away - It was gonna take me an hour to get ready and drop J off so we decided to start heading as soon as we could.

We arrived some time after 1pm and they started all the obs - BP was 130/95 which was the highest it had been so far, rechecked and it was the same half hour later.
They offered to examine me at 2.40 and I was 4cm but really stretchy, she said she gave me a 'good sweep' never a truer word said! Withing minutes they were coming every 2mins and lasting 90 secs - the pain in my back was unreal. The only way I could get any relief was by OH practically whacking me in the spot where it hurt!
I was bouncing on the ball and got up to get in the bath and my waters went. Both pregnancies my waters have gone on a birthing ball so get bouncing!
I had a bath with some clary sage and frankinsense which helped loads, though after 20 mins or so lying on my back was becoming more painful so decided to get back out and try the ball and back whacking again!

By 5pm things were becoming really intense - I was getting no break inbetween and even the ball was putting sore pressure in my bum! I got on the bed and had a go on gas and air whilst the MW got me a shot of diamorphine sorted. She checked me just before and at 17.15 I was 6-7cm, slightly gutted!

Even though the bed was bolt right sat up I could lean on the back rest, I kept getting pressure in my bum, I waited for 4 contractions in a row and said I need a poo now. I jumped off the bed before the mw could stop me and tried to leg it to the toilet. As soon as I got half way across the room I felt a massive urge to push, she was coming out as I hobbled back to the bed. I lay back and her head came out, panted and gave the most pathetic little grunt and her body slid out.
The mw was shouting for help as she hadnt got nothing ready - the student
mw looked as if she was gonna pass out! I never got my diamorphine!

The placenta took awhile to be delivered and I bled quite a bit but no tears or grazes. She latched on perfectly for the first and last time! We're having a bit of trouble with bf but im hand expressing atm which isnt ideal but Im trying!

She was born at 17.45 - 30 mins after being told I was 6cm! Weighing 7lb11oz - slighty smaller than the 9lber I was expecting to have according to scans and fundal height! Im so proud of myself doing the majority of the labour through breathing and aromatherapy. I never thought I could have a birth like that as im so crap with pain - I wanted to try hypnobirthing but didnt as I thought I could never do it - I think I got quite close though!

We were let home just before midnight last night, we had a bit of trouble with her temp until they noticed the windows were open :dohh:

But she's perfect and here! And I'd do it all again tomorrow!

aaahh what a lovely birth story, well done you, congratulations. x

Congratulations on your little blessing! That is such a gorgeous name by the way! :)

Lovely birth story...you should be very proud!

Congratulations hun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->