Isobel Charlotte

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
sorry about the delay. Isobel arrived on the 18th aug 2011 at 09:57

After days of stop/start contractions. I went in on the wednesday only to be that no progress had been made. I know things happened quick with my 1st so I was worried about going home and coming back again. The mw said 'well if you tell me you'r not going anywhere until you have your baby, there isnt much I can do...' So there you have it, I went to the early labour ward, sent DH home and tried to get some shut eye.
I couldnt sleep the contractions were uncomfy, bareable but not enough for me to rest. At about 3am I was bouncing on the ball playing games on my phone. Contractions were irregular but getting stronger, I was continuing to breath through them until about 4am when I asked for paracetamol.
At half 5am I asked for gas and air and for my DH to come back for support, the mw checked me and I was 3 cm (arrrgh, soooo slow, I thought.....little did I know)
So I started on the gas and was bouncing on the ball, and hugging my hubbys lap who was sat on the bed in front of me.
I had a wonderful mw all night she was so supportive ( I later learned that she was working on her own, although I would never have said, she even managed to sit with me a while).
Then handover and my mw was replaced with a bitch from hell. by 8am I was shouting out, not all the time only the odd one or two, well, excuuuuuuse me if this is the way I cope with pain and it offends you mw from hell. Arsed!!!!
Then I had a cup of tea :lol: inbetween contractions. After my tea I buzzed and told mw from hell, unhder no uncertain terms that if she didnt give me some pain relief I was going to rip her spleen out. She insisted on checking me 1st, and said I was 6cm. "I suppose you should go to labour ward now then, I'll ring them".
She disapeared, she came back and told me to walk, while barking at my hubby to pack my things. I couldnt walk, I couldnt move, waters broke, so they threw me on the bed and pushed me to the ward.
In the middle of the corridor I start pushing, and barely got into the delivery room before Isobel was making an appearance.
My beautiful little cherub arrived at 9:57, my amazing bundle of squishy water, and she is stunning.
I was so very proud of myself, I delivered with only gas and air, which incidently was taken off me while being pushed through the corridor :growlmad: ouch, givme back NOW!!!!
Only to be then told on inspection that I had a 3rd degree tear and needed to go to theatre.
I had a spinal and had to be repaired there, I was gutted but oh the relief of the spinal, all aches and pains gone (and to think I was terrified of having a needle in my back) I felt like I was sunbathing on that operating table (or that may have been gas and air side effects :lol:)
Anyway
Here she is
Isobel Charlotte, 8lb 13.5oz
:kiss::cloud9::kiss::cloud9::kiss:

Attachments

• Isobel.jpg
    Isobel.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 27
What a little stunner!! Well done hon and huge congratulations to you :D So sorry you had such a horrid mw at the end, hoping your feeling better after theatre :hugs: xx

aw, so gorgeous! congratulations :)

beautiful hun, well done you! & huge congrats xx

She's beautiful! Congratulations :)

Thank you everyone xxxx

Congrats on the arrival of Isobel, she is gorgeous :cloud9:

xx

She is simply divine!!

xxx

p.s. love the name!!! :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online