Isobelle Neve 14th May 2009

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Isobelle Neve born 14th May 06:59am 7lb 12oz
Here is my story starting from when I went into slow labour so a bit long I’m sorry.

Monday the 11th May I was getting crampy pains on and off through out the day they got stronger and closer together by 6pm my labour bag was packed. 9.30pm I went to hospital pains 5 mins apart, they told me I was 1cm dilated and sent me home, pains cont and were 3 mins apart at 5am Tues but midwife said they were not lasting long enough (30-45sec) so had a bath and pains eased off. 10am Tuesday I had a sweep with the community MW went shopping round IKEA had a show, then went Tesco’s for breakfast and tried got an hours sleep then they started up again getting strong and then stopped about 1.30am Wed.
I managed to get a few hours sleep and then started to get pains in my hips about 2pm I thought it was the way I had been sleeping so didn’t think much of it. Hubby came in at 5pm I was in tears, labour ward said to see GP for pain killers, but hubby wasn’t happy so rang a family friend who’s a MW and she said it was labour.

Pains getting worse and stronger midnight I went to labour ward unable to cope with the pain. I was 3cm dilated and had a bath in the hospital, got out an hour later and I was 5cm dilated so asked for drugs, Isobelle was spine to spine so I asked for an epidural as I knew I was not going to cope well with the pain, the following hour was pure bliss. Then I started to feel my right side as if I had no pain relief at all, they gave me a top up and I lay on my side to help it flow though….it didn’t.
At this point I became very aware they the MW had not left my room and was concerned about baby’s heart rate, another MW kept popping in to see if my MW was ok and she said she was monitoring it from outside as well, the HR was 135bpm and didn’t change when I had contractions.
Now the epidural had worn off completely, they burst my waters and there was meconium there so the MW called the consultant on call.
When he arrived I was 7cm, and puffing away on gas and air, they tried to tell me to only use it when there was a contraction my reply no that means I will feel some pain my way I feel nothing and they left me to it lol. I then got the urge to push they were shouting at me not too but I really wanted to they re-examined me and I was 10cm the peads Dr arrived ready in case there were any problems and another MW came in as well.
I began to push when they told me and did everything they said but all I could hear was bits of their conversation about loosing the heartbeat, I looked at hubby and his face said it all so didn’t look that way again. They used a ventouse to help but kept loosing suction, I felt them cutting me was very odd feeling but didn’t hurt I think there was way too much gas and air in my system:).
They asked hubby if he wanted to see the head and his reply ‘err no I don’t think so I’m staying up this end’ I had to laugh.
The head was out they stopped me pushing and clamped and cut the cord, it was that tight around her neck it was stopping the heart beat then I pushed the rest of her out and she went straight to the peads Dr where she started crying.
I could see what was going on and seeing hubby crying just staring at her while the Dr was checking her over will stay with me forever it was fab as will his face when the Dr gave Isobelle to him (he had never held a baby before). They weighed her while I was getting stitched up I could feel every stitch the consultant told me to use the gas and air but I didn’t, I think I had enough of it, 30 mins after she was born I got to hold Isobelle.

She had 3 suction marks on her head where they lost the suction on the ventouse and her little hands were still really blue but she was perfect.
Afterwards I was told I was very close to having a section and if it was any other consultant I would have had one. They explained how concerned about her heart rate they were and that’s why I had so many people in the room.
Hubby said later that day he thought we had lost her a few time as he could hear everything they were saying and watching the monitor loose the heartbeat every time I pushed

congrats your bundle shares a bday with my :pink: eight year old!

:yipee: :happydance::hugs::hug:

what an emtional time, glad she is ok :)

Awwww what a time you had! Your story had tears in my eyes by the end:cry:

I know the feeling with the epidural not working (mine wore off but I got anaesthetic in my bottom to help relieve the pressure!)

She really is perfect!

Well done you guys!

:hugs:

Emma and Nathan.xx

Oh and Stuart says all the best people are born on the 14th cos its his birthday too!xx

huge congratulations, so glad she's here safe and sound :D xxx

Congratulations hun! :)

How do you pronounce her middle name? Neevie?

Congrats. Enjoy your little bundle sounds like you had it rough in there xx

Congratulations hun and well done :D

xxx

my goodness, what an eventful birth, so glad all is ok! Congratulations! x

Oh Hunny :hugs:

I understand why you werent sure whether to post your story, but you did brilliantly and Isobelle is so perfect.

Sorry the birth was traumatic for you xxx

Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"