It has happened again :(

toothfairyx

Reaction score
I was so sure it would be OK this time!!! Woke up with very frequent contractions on Sunday morning, went to hospital to be told I was fully dilated etc, but after popping my waters my LO became unengaged and flipped transverse and I started bleeding massively from a placental abruption so ended up knocked out and had an em CS. All in a hopsital 250 miles away from where we were booked in as we were at a family birthday celebration.
Ho hum.
Little baby is doing very well despite this was 2lbs 15, having had steroids he's already been off his CPAP and it tolerating feeds fine etc. Jamie is in a bit of a strop with me probably thinks I abandonded him as I was in for 3 days hoping he will get over that tomorrow although I can't easily lift him up :(

CongratulAtions on baby's safe arrival, at least u managed the steroids first and I'm sure Jamie will soon forgive you. Keep us updated I'm likely joining u real soon with 2nd early baby x

Congratulations on your new arrival, and yes, its good the steroids got in there. Very happy for you! :thumbup:

Already said congratulations on FB but I will just say it again here too :hugs:

Is LO in hospital up our way then? I know you're family's up this way...

I hope Jamie is ok!! xxxx

We are at North Tees Hospital having come home for a family 30th. I wasn't going to travel far after 24 weeks just in case but thought things seemed to be going fine so would risk it!
Looks like a transfer down may be on the cards for later next week though as LO seems to be doing fine without breathing assistance.

Congratulations it sounds like he is doing really well.

Sorry you are having to do the neo natal journey again :hugs:

Congratulations on your beautiful baby.

Sorry things didn't go to plan but glad to hear lo is a fighter and going strong.

COngratulations! SOunds like hes doing amazingly.I hope hes a bit closer to home for you soon x

We are at North Tees Hospital having come home for a family 30th. I wasn't going to travel far after 24 weeks just in case but thought things seemed to be going fine so would risk it!
Looks like a transfer down may be on the cards for later next week though as LO seems to be doing fine without breathing assistance.

Not far away from me! Joseph was born in James Cook. I live in Middlesbrough :happydance:

lol I did call James Cook first as I have a friend who is one of the nurses on their neonatal ward but they had no neonatal cots available. North Tees is closer though, and we just made it there in time!

congratulations on the birth of your wee one :) great he tolerating feeds and having time off cpap x

congratulations on the birth of your wee one great he tolerating feeds and having time off cpap x

Congratulations on your little boy! I'm glad he's doing well, dear. :hugs:

Congratulations hun! Can't believe I'm reading this! You can do it though!!!! Xxx

Thanks guys you have cheered me up a lot as am feeling quite emotional today. Not sure if thats just hormones or cos I'm still in quite a bit of pain or cos I feel like I'm permanently fixed to a breast pump or what. I haven't made it to the hospital today as I'm really sore still and just want to lie down (I would not recommend a transverse baby C section!) but after 48 hours off the CPAP he's gone back on which doesn't surprise me in view of his age otherwise he is still doing great thank god.

oooh congratulations! Welcome to the world little Jonny! Already off cpap? That`s very good for such a lightweight. Sorry things didn`t go as planned, but then again when do they, these little guys just come when they do and that`s that :dohh:

Well he's off CPAP completely now, on full feeds, and back to birthweight. Had an infection from his UVC which was left in to try to avoid a long line but doesn't need either of those now :)
Waiting on a bed at home now as the hospital we need to go to is full!
Oh, some dispute over dates though - they seem to think he was 27+6 when he was born - does it matter?

It sounds like Jonny is doing wonderful! Is he on any oxygen at all?

I've been thinking about you guys! I hope you're holding up. :hugs:

Hi
he's on low-flow 0.04 at the moment, and still doing very well indeed. He hasn't had any serious de-sats ever, and any little ones he's brought himself out of without any prodding. Hoping for a transfer this week back home on Thursday so fingers crossed that happens! :dance:
Otherwise I have to say it is easier second time round - I know what to expect I guess and am certainly not as stressed out/ upset as last time...so we are doing well thanks :thumbup:
Turned a big corner op-wise and feeling much better too and Jamie seems to have forgiven me!!

How are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->