it is broncitious

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
hey i posted earlier, about my niece having blue toes and finger tips,

any how she was taken to hospital:cry: said she was dehydrated and had bad chest infection, put her on drip, and antibiotics my sis just rang and its broncitious:cry::cry:

is this contagious???? i feel quite sefish saying that!:blush:

but lilly is here with us and i get my other niece up this morning for school, and she had quite a bad cough???? wat do you think. x

Yep hun its contagious :( which is why when my kids were diagnosed with it they were put into a seperate ward isolated from the other kids, hope your niece is better soon :hugs:

Yep hun its contagious :( which is why when my kids were diagnosed with it they were put into a seperate ward isolated from the other kids, hope your niece is better soon :hugs:

:( :( wat about lilly, they where playing togther yesterday tea and lilly was kissing her when she was crying!!!!! also they both had a fruit shoot, and they shared ....... lilly has had a cough any way but im worried now, cause seems to be a deeper cough......... is it really that contagious???:cry:

jamie-leigh is back home now she is on antibotics, hspital say as long as she finishes the course she should be ok.:happydance:

Had lilly a cough before yesterday? I'd say keep an eye on her and monitor her feeding, nappies, breathing etc and if you are in any way concerned then contact your dr :hugs: The good thing is it can be easily treated and won't always mean a hospital stay so try not to worry hun xx

Had lilly a cough before yesterday? I'd say keep an eye on her and monitor her feeding, nappies, breathing etc and if you are in any way concerned then contact your dr :hugs: The good thing is it can be easily treated and won't always mean a hospital stay so try not to worry hun xx

yeah she already had a cough!!!! but it really does seem like its deeper now, i 1st thought i was over exxagering! but it really is, :cry:

i hope she is ok, i can cope with me or OH catching we are bigger... our bodys are stronger and can deal with it better she is sooo little!!!

can you explain to me wat exactly it is! and wat cause's it plz:blush:

would like to no. thanks

The causes are probably viruses, pollutants etc

Bronchitis (actually in a baby its called bronculitus as the broncule tubes haven't developed yet) is when the tubes going into the lungs get inflamed which then produces lots of mucus. Obviously then the baby coughs to try and get the mucus up. It sometimes is accompanied with a wheeze as well.

I would seek dr's help if your little girl isn't getting any relief in the next day or sooner if she develops a temperature or her breathing seems distressed in any way (If her breathing is affected just ring 999).

Things that may help ease her symptoms are to go into a tiny bathroom and sit with her in the room with the hot water tap running for 10-15 minutes. Tilting her mattress will help her get some sleep.

But hun if you're in any doubt just get her seen :hugs:

The causes are probably viruses, pollutants etc

Bronchitis (actually in a baby its called bronculitus as the broncule tubes haven't developed yet) is when the tubes going into the lungs get inflamed which then produces lots of mucus. Obviously then the baby coughs to try and get the mucus up. It sometimes is accompanied with a wheeze as well.

I would seek dr's help if your little girl isn't getting any relief in the next day or sooner if she develops a temperature or her breathing seems distressed in any way (If her breathing is affected just ring 999).

Things that may help ease her symptoms are to go into a tiny bathroom and sit with her in the room with the hot water tap running for 10-15 minutes. Tilting her mattress will help her get some sleep.

But hun if you're in any doubt just get her seen :hugs:

my little chrub was totally off her food and everything all day to day:cry:

but temp was fine, then at tea offered her stew and crusty bread she really tyred to eat the bread but the just pucked everywhere it almost filled the whole high chair tray:cry::cry:

then about 6pm her temp was 38 ok thats not too bad i gave her 2.5ml of nurofen and her temp went up to 39 and by 10 was 40 her breathing was bad but very quick and but she could defo breath, i rand out of hours service and they sent me up to local hospital to have her checked, they did a great cheack all over her, she is totally fine dr says its a viral infection for now, and to try my hardest to keep her temp down luke warm water and sponge her down nurofen now and in 2 hours some calpol if nothing works i have to call back so we are goona go bed now, not like im gonna get much sleep ill be up every bloody hour checking her temp:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->