It only took 5 years, but it finally happened..

MeeShell

Reaction score
A little back story about myself... I had my daughter 7 years ago and while delivering her the doctors had to remove my right fallopian tube due to a large mass inside it. I then got the Mirena IUD shortly after that and once I married my husband had it removed in March of 2009. My husband and I were mostly just NTNP at the beginning as he was doing back to back deployments, but after a few years of that I began to worry that maybe we weren't able to have children.

We were getting serious about talking to doctors about our possible infertility when we gained custody of my newborn nephew. My sister and my nephew tested positive for amphetamines when he was born and CPS would not release him from the hospital under her care. It has been over a year now that he has been with us and we have gone to numerous court hearings and dealt with my sister who claims to want custody back but makes little effort to prove it. She recently gave birth to her second child (don't even get me started on how angry it makes me that degenerates can reproduce like crazy) so what little fight she seemed to have in regards to her first son is pretty much non-existent now.

Around the middle of November 2013 I weighed myself. I weighed in at a whopping 245lbs. For the first time in my life I actually wanted to lose weight and get healthy and had this determination I'd never felt before. As of March 20th 2014 I've lost about 50lbs. That's when I noticed that AF wasn't on time and about 3 days after she was expected I finally caved and took a cheapie HPT. I had all of the symptoms of AF...the lower backache, the unusual wet feeling down there, twinges in my ovaries, my odd craving of onions...I just knew she would appear at any second and was only late because I had lost weight and I know that can throw off your monthly cycle.

The morning I planned on testing I woke up at 5:30am after having double dreams of having a BFP. The second line came up instantly, and I had to triple check the directions and the test (like I hadn't POAS a million times in the last 5 years, LOL).. I then sat down in bed next to my sleeping husband and let it sink in, then got up and went back in the bathroom and started brushing my hair and crying in disbelief and shock, which woke my husband up. Alarmed, he jumped out of bed and asked me what was wrong, and all I could do was point to the test and say "You were wrong." (because he kept telling me I wasn't pregnant and AF would show up any day.) I know that it is still super early, and we're both afraid of something bad happening, but to finally be experiencing this after so many years of wishing for it...it's just overwhelming..

I know that for some the answer doesn't simply lie in losing weight, but you never know...don't give up hope..

Congrats :). Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you have a easy delivery. Best wishes to you. Btw you look beautiful in this profile pic of yours.

Congratulations! What a story! Will you keep both your niece and nephew as well? I wish you a great pregnancy and well done on the weight loss! :D

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->