Itchy scalp driving me nuts- any ideas?

MrsGruffalo

Me, DH and the budgies
Reaction score
I've been suffering from a really bad itchy scalp for about 3 months now.

I work in a school, so have been checked for nits at least half a dozen times, and there's nothing there. My scalp is also not flaky in any way.

I've tried the following things:

Tea Tree shampoo (2 weeks- no change)
Tesco's own Head and Shoulders shampoo (2 weeks- no change)
E45 Shampoo for dry itchy scalps (1 month- worked for a few weeks, then came back worse than ever)
T-Gel (one month, done nothing helpful so far)

Has anyone got any other ideas about what I can try? I'm seriously considering going to the Doctor because it's driving me crazy, but I feel really silly, but nothing I've tried over the counter has worked yet. :blush:

i would just go see a doctor, itching can be caused by all types of things so it wouldnt be silly to get checked out xxx

Change your shampoo fructis did the same thing to me, thats the first thing to do, and only put conditioner on the ends of your hair never the top, treat your scalp to some extra virgin olive oil, it will make your hair lovely to, leave it on all night and wash in the morning, shampoo twice to make sure its all out, and blow dry. kerastase is a good shampoo for dry scalps etc they have different ranges but they are expensive, try the above, you should probably buy the simple range shampoo because it has no chemicals in it that will irritate you, you will know for definate then if its a sensitivity issue.

Thank you for your thoughts ladies :)

I ended up at the doctors this evening- the itching woke me up the other night. Apparently, I have a fungal infection, so I have been given some special shampoo to kill it... at least that should sort it, and I'm fortunate not to have the worse strand of it- apparently that makes huge clumps of your hair fall out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->