It's amazing how no matter how irritated they get you, they can still melt your heart

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So yesterday, my SD was awful. Argued on every turn, yelled at me a couple times, kept breaking rules that she KNOWS we have and the instant I simply said "Evie..." she knew EXACTLY what she had done.

I was getting fed up. I threatened to call her dad, threatened to ground her, was sooo frickin fed up.

Finally I told her "This is it. One more thing, doesn't matter what it is, you are grounded. Tomorrow from the time you get up til the time you go to sleep, you can not use the computer, the tv, no friends, nothing."

She straightened up fast. Became the good little girl I know she can be. No more problems, became sweet and loving and helpful. A day is a lifetime for a 7 year old.

A few hours later, this note was given to me:

"Dear Mom,

I'm sory for all I did today.

I didnt mean it.

I think I sade up to late last night.

I hop you will for give me.

Please write back.

Love, Evie you loveing step dater.

I love you mommy.
"

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I about lost it. Lol. I pulled her on my lap and gave her hugs and kisses and told her that I loved her forever and ever and of course I forgave her.

Oh bless her, thats such a sweet letter! Its amazing they can just give you a cute little smile and all the bad behaviour is forgiven :) Same can't be said for the OH though, lol!! xxx

:haha: Nope, takes a little more work to forgive my OH......though the apologizing and forgiving is a LOT more fun! :haha:

OMG I am in tears with that letter. It is so cute. I could hug her. They melt your heart for sure. Lots of hugs :hugs:

Yeah I gave her lots of hugs and kisses after that.

awww that's so sweet I can't wait till my daughter gets to an age where she does that! (if I'm lucky enough that she ever does)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->