It's been a minute

Pink.Rose

Reaction score
Hi all. Its been a minute. I haven't been on this site for several months now, so allow me to reintroduce myself here, this will be lengthy, sorry

So my husband and I got married and started a family young. I was 3 weeks shy of 20 when my oldest was born, 21 with my 2nd and 24 with my 3rd. I am nearly 32 now. I've always wanted 4, in hopes of having 2 of each, however, my husband had a vasectomy shortly after we found out we were expecting number 3. I wasn't thrilled about the idea, but I understood where he was coming from. We were young and had our hands full already. Eventually (after some long talks) I consented, after he promised to consider the options down the road. Well, long story short, 7 years later, he finally had a reversal (this was October of last year (2021)

Hubby is Active duty, and went TDY just 3 weeks after the reversal. Upon his return in early Feb, we were prepping for an overseas PCS, which we were ultimately denied for 2 weeks before our scheduled departure, as our current youngest is very neuro divergent and they wouldn't be able to meet his needs where they had assigned us.

Anyway, we got reassigned and moved a month and a half later, but my husband never did go in for his sperm analysis. Anytime I brought it up, he always had an excuse, but I think ultimately he just felt it was too weird to do it where he works basically (he's medical, different area though).

After months of bugging him, I finally bought a home test called YO, he took it a few days ago and it showed a low normal count. The test gives a score out of 90, he scored a 20. So his counts are low, but there's definitely hope for us!

We have officially been trying for 10 months now. I know there's other factors to consider these days, and we aren't as young as we once were, but it's been hard to remain hopeful when it's taken more than twice as long as it ever has in the past. I'm also really hoping we get a double blessing and have twins, because there's such a big age gap now, and I really want my baby to have a sibling close in age. I love how close my kids are, but I don't think we'd go for a 5th if we have a singleton.

A couple days ago, I found a listing on Etsy for a fertility reading. So I began looking through similar listings, found the one with the most sales and good reviews. I was certainly skeptical, but for the price I figured why not give it a go. Got my reading back the following day. Not sure what to make of it, but it will be fun to see what they get right. It sparked a small flame of hope in me once again, so I decided to come back here.

I'm due for AF in about 5 days. I don't feel like I concieved this month (I've always just had a feeling in the past) but time will tell. Planning to test tomorrow on Christmas eve (4 days before AF is due).

Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->