Its gonna be a long nite

porkpie1981

Reaction score
My brother is in the lakes district at that marathon and no1 has heard from him. My mums thinks he will be fine as hes in the army but ive been watching the news and people who have 20 yrs experience are worried and hes only 23! Looks like its a nite on the sofa watching sky and bbc news. Im so tried and ive leg cramps. :hissy:

Theres no help line numbers or anything to ring to see if hes safe:cry:

Oh sweetie I was just reading about that. How worrying for you. I'm sure he'll be fine :hugs:

I'm sure he'll be fine too. Apparently hundreds of people are sheltering up there, but obviously you'd have no phone signal either to let you know!

Also if he's in the army he'll be fine. He's trained to deal with this kind of thing, so is probably busy helping everyone else!

XX

I bet hes one of them on the news swigging tea and laughing nice and warm. Im gonna kill him for worrying us :rofl:

:hug: read your post in general...hope all is well, keeping your brother (and all the runners) in my thoughts

i'm sure he's fine!!
i'll be thinking about you, and waiting for an update!!

:hugs:

I am sure he is fine :hug: My thought and prayers are with you.

Aww hugs sweety. I am sure he is ok. You poor thing. How about doing some leg stretches or taking a warm bath?

I wish we can have a little addon like the thank you's but instead it's hugs :D

Hope you did manage to get some rest last night. I'm sure all will be fine.
Thinking of you.

x

I feel awfl as i slept like a log last note but im just so tired by the time nite come (sorta feekl bad that i could sleep).

still nothing! Theres not even a number to phone to see whos made it to the shelters:hissy:

hope he is ok hon xxx just seen on the news xx

oh porkpie, sorry you are going through all this worry. hoping all is fine. xx

sorry your going through this worry i hope all is ok. Keep us updated xxx

Any news, i just read about this on the bbc website.

I do hope he's ok.

Hun I doubt very much your brother would expect you to be awake all night, don't feel bad about getting some shut-eye!
I haven't heard in the news about any major casulties, worst case scenario he's in hospital with mild hypothermia, but that's unlikely as they'd have called. I bet he's sat in a barn with a load of other guys! They said they were all in two man teams, I'm sure your tough army bro is fine xxx

I am such a worrier so I can imagine how you feel right now. It must be so frustrating that they haven't given any way for loved one's to check on their people. Keep us posted!

Porkpie i was talking to my dad, he watches the news all the time and he said all runners were accounted for :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->