Its not fair!

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Well im planning a home water birth with the help of a doula.

Ive seen teo doulas and i love them both! They both have the same views on birth and that they are very hands on if i need them to be. They both get the type of birth i want this time and due to my situation they both agree the type of birth i want will be great for me.

They are both friendly and easy to talk to.....i just cant make up my mind

I have no real advice but didn't want to read and run, I hope you can reach a decision as to which Doula is best for you xx

I wasnt expecting anyone to really have much to say lol but felt better just getting it out there hahaha

I am thinking of writing them both a email just asking if they feel they are the doula for me and what they feel they could offer me with the birth i want...which is fairly simple really. but i dont wana seem rude

Keep seeing them from time to time if you can and give it a rest: let time decide for you. Maybe you'll discover that one of them just isn't that perfect fit. Or maybe you'll discover that one of them gives you a really comforting feeling.
Also, try not to decide intellectually: let your guts guide you.

That's all I can say. And if you can't untie them, just know that whatever choice you make is the right choice.

thanks for the imput ladies :). i only got one initial free meeting with them to help me make my mind up.

i felt comfortable with them both, but maybe more so with the one i met today. altho that could be because ive already met one doula so felt more confortable with meeting another. altho because they are both older then me its not like i connected on a friendship level instantly

one has more experience then the other as she has trained other doulas, so she really knows what shes doing. but then again even tho the other hasnt trained anyone she still has quiet abit of experience herself.

ones cheaper then the other, money isnt a issue so this wont effect my choice.

think im going to sleep on it and see how i feel. altho im sure it wont be any clearer

I kind of had the same issue but regarding widwives, not doulas - but in the end it's still the same thing: choosing who will be by your side during a very intimate moment.

I had to choose 2 midwives among 5. My first choice was "S" (oldest, most experienced, spoke English cause I'm in a foreign country) & "M" (wasn't really my choice, they just said that unless I ask for someone else or refuse her, it will be her).

I went to prenatal classes organised by those 5 midwives and the more I got to know the midwives, the less I wanted "M" to be there (she would amusingly mock people when they would say something stupid, not mean, but I just don't like that).
So I asked for another midwife "R" which I liked a lot. So it would have been S & R.

But the more I got used to the language, the less I felt the need to have S. S is not available on Saturdays because she's on guard in a hospital. And guess what: labor started on a Saturday (I believe I did that on purpose).
I went for a walk just as labor was settling in and I met one of the other midwives "C" (that I also like a lot) during that walk (what a coincidence)!

So when I finally called the midwives for them to come, I asked for R & C (both who weren't planned at first) and they were just perfect.

You have plenty if time to make a decision so rather than ask them, ask yourself.

Take your time to think and reflect. Imagine your perfect birth in great detail. Think about where you are when it starts, the time of day, the weather....the whole shebang! Then think about who you would call....who can you see there with you? I never push people to decide and have been interviewed for jobs and waited well over a month to hear back. I only ever feel I need to ask if someone else enquires with the same dates so don't feel in any way rushed.

thanks lisa :)

both of them have told me to take my time and there is no rush right now to decide. so i will do what uve suggested and take my time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->