IUD Questions...

kcmb0886

Reaction score
After I had DS, I decided I never wanted to go back to a hormonal contraceptive. I can't find a whole lot on the subject, but the hormonal contraceptives seemed to have caused a bout of cervical dysplasia that went from nothing to severe in the span of a few months. So I got Paragard inserted in 11/2012. Yeah, my periods have been slightly heavier and crampier, but nothing too crazy. However, every cycle, at the beginning of each cycle, I've been experiencing sharp stabbing pains in my left ovary. And they seem to get worse with each cycle. I've been to the gyne for this and they did an ultrasound and said the Paragard was in place and they saw the usual cysts that are seen naturally with the development of egg follicles. And no real explanation other than sometimes the Paragard can irritate those cysts.

The other night, hubby was trying to talk to me and the pain was so bad that I couldn't concentrate on the conversation and I was actually irritated that I had to even speak. This pain goes away after about a week and a half, but it's worse than actually having period cramps and again, it gets worse every cycle. I guess what I want to know is whether anyone else has experienced this on Paragard and if you ended up having it removed or if you simply put up with it. Any suggestions? Or should I just call and get an appointment with my gyne and see what I can do?

I've had cycsts on occassion the week or so before my period- and they are painful. Sharp pain. If that is what your experiencing- and they get worse the longer you are using the IUD-then I would for sure see our OB again and see if they recommend just taking it out. I know that's not ideal- but maybe there are other options? Maybe even a different brand of IUD?

Sorry- it's so hard to know for sure, but it seems a big coicidence that it's this bad after the IUD was put in and getting worse.... I'd see your doc again for sure. Hope it's sorted soon hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->