IUD Removal

BrittneyAnne

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has had their IUD removed and how it went for them. I'm a bit of a baby and just want to know your experience!

I had mine removed at the end of may, it was fine! Mine was a copper IUD so not sure if that makes any difference but a few tugs and it was out. As with anything down there the speculum is probably the worse bit!

I didn't have any cramping afterwards and had my period when I expected it x

Oh that's good to know!!! It wasn't fun getting it placed so I was hoping it'd be better getting it removed.

i JUST had mine out yesterday. the appointment was SO FAST. it was at 3:20 and i was done and in the lobby at 3:26. they find the strings, ask you to count to three then cough... and it was OUT! super minor cramp feeling, nothing even close to having it placed.

i stubbed my toe leaving the building and that was way worse. haha. and i feel great today too!!! :)

Oh good to know!!! It sounds so much easier getting it removed than when it was placed! Thank goodness!

I'm having my Mirena removed in 2 weeks and I'm nervous as hell too. Thanks for the positive replies, guys. Had mine in since Jan of 2014, and it was so painful to have placed because my uterus was flopped the wrong way. They used a stick to position it. I delivered naturally and placement was sooo much worse! :lol:

I haven't had a period since March of '14... I hope it doesn't take me by surprise.

im now two-three days out from removal and having INTENSE bleeding and clotting. be prepared. its quite startling.

Is it your period? Or just body's reaction to something exiting the uterus?

I've heard that there's a mood drop after removal too... Wondering if I should take my vacation after removal.

it is indeed my period but much heavier than anything i have ever had before. even more than postpartum or hen i had my miscarriage. it was an awful lot of blood. today is like a heavy period now, with minor clotting.

i havent noticed a mood drop, but if i do/did i would have to attribute it to my antidepressants anyway as i'm coming off of those too. :wacko:

Oof, oh God that sounds awful. Thank goodness I'm taking a vacation day of removal!!

I had mine removed 2 weeks ago, I hate having the speculum :haha: I felt a "pop" when she pulled it out that was quite painful but the pain went away quite quickly and i cramped a little afterwards that lasted about 10 ish minutes on/off but that was all. I then started the pill the same day and i'm 2 weeks into it and I have had a lot more cramping today than I have had in the 4 years I had the Mirena.

POP? That's... What do you think it was, lol.

You guys have all been so helpful! I'm not planning on getting mine removed until November but I like to plan ahead! Did you guys go to bed he same doctor who placed it?

I haven't had mine removed, but I'm already dreading it lol.

I just had mine placed in May, and now I think it I may have it removed after the new year. So much pain, for so little time. haha but really, I've felt loads better with the IUD then I did with bcp, so I guess it is worth it. I'm just worried it will take longer to conceive since I'm shooting for a very specific window.

Since having my IUD removed, on 6/30, I was able to use OPKs and discovered I o'd on 7/11, no AF between. We didn't catch egg, started AF on 7/22. It was normal, for me.

I started OPKs again on Thursday, and I can't confirm if I o'd but I had surge yesterday (CD7). Tossed and turned last night, up every 2 hours, so temping was strange.

Overall, I have felt fine. There was spotting after removal, and a sensation of having empty uterus. It knew something had been removed.

Oh interesting! I just keep thinking that it won't be as bad as having it placed so that helped ease my mind a little bit! Lol. It was so painful putting it in but I've loved it since so I'd definitely get it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->