IUD

spencerbear

Mum to 2 girls and 3 boys
Reaction score
We are going to start TTC in October. But i have a mirena IUD fitted and havent had AF since it was fitted just over a year ago. Does anyone know how long it takes for AF to return?
I would hate to have it removed October and then nothing else happens for ages.

Hi hun, i had my mirena taken out in March 09 after 3 years and 2 days later got a period that lasted a week. 7 weeks after that got another period that lasted 2 days and now I'm in waiting for the next one.

Don't forget though, that no period doesn't mean no ovulation.

:dohh:hi what is AF ? i also have a mirena coil and id like to know do you have to be on a period to have it removed ?? i have very irregular periods and they only last about a day ive had my coil for 6 years now and find that il have a period for a day then 2 weeks later i may have another for a day but i might not have another for 2 months and that will be heavy for about a day and a half - so i will find itt difficult to "book" it in to have it removed. can anyone help ??

Not really sure about Mirena, think your best bet would be to see your GP or family planning clinic

Ooooh ! I'm almost a mirena expert! You don't eed to wait for any specific time at all to have it removed, so it' down to you and your timing.

I had mine removed because I fell pregnant and miscarried while still having it inside, so wanted to get back to basics and remove all synthetic hormones so my body could recover. It was my second mirena that I'd had and it took about 6 months after the first one was removed (back in 2005) for my periods to return to normal... dunno how long it could take this time!

Oh, and by the way, AF stands for Aunt Flo which is a nicer way of saying period! there's a whole abbreviations section on the main page of the forum, and it taught me a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->