IUGR with second pregnancy?

WhisperOfHope

Lena victoria‘s Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi All ive just found out im expecting baby number 2 but slightly worried as my lg had iugr and i had placenter failure, does anyone know if this will happen again or the chances of it happening?

My first had IUGR and my second did not. I had/have issues with my placenta in my second pregnancy and now this one too, but my second baby was born weighing 7 lbs 9 oz at 38 weeks. For my second pregnancy and now this one I've been taking low dose asprin as of 13 weeks, I really think that has made all the difference.

My first baby also had IUGR due to placenta issues but my second didn't. She was still on the small side, but measured right on track while I was pregnant. I had growth scans every two weeks from around 32 weeks to make sure.

My third also had no problems and so far everything is fine with this baby too :)

Best of luck!

Both of mine did BUT I had an underlying cause (extremely high blood pressure) which caused the vessels in the cord to become stiff over time. If no underlying reason was found for you (high bp, clotting disorders, smoking etc) then I was told it's usually just a random issue when the placenta is formed and rarely happens again.

My first did but my second didn't. In fact, he was 6lbs 11oz born at 36+6 weeks, so he would have been huge if he hadn't come early!

they dont really know what caused mine so hopefully it was just a fluke i hope as that was the most stressfull weeks of pregnancy for me

me 2 my 6th had iugr all the other 5 didnt im ttc number 7 and worried it will happen again x

My first dd did and I was induced at 37 weeks. I've been having growth scans since 28 weeks in this pregnancy and baby is measuring small - just below tenth centile. I have been told as long as she follows the bottom of the curve that's okay it's only if she stops growing like last time that they will induce.
They couldn't find any reason for my first baby or why this baby is so small especially as I am almost 6ft.
I have heard about low dose aspirin so this may be worth talking to doctor about x

My first was severe iugr (born 2nd percentile at 27 weeks, he stopped developing at 22-23 weeks) due to high bp and auto immune issues,both unknown to me at the time. See link in my SIG for details (and pics!). He is 4 now and overall doing ok, still small for his age

My second was closely monitored and with medication (for bp, daily blood thinner injections, aspirin etc) we reached full term. She was a bit small but im 5 feet nothing so :shrug:

I have iugr and will be having him in 4 days at 38 weeks he's stopped growing so need him out x

Had my little boy he was a lot bigger than they said he was 6lbs 3oz

My first pg was fine, but then I had a placenta issue with my second. I had a velamentous insertion of the cord. She was 5.12 at 38.1 weeks. I was told there's no reason to think I'll have an issue this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->