IUI natural cycle

Goober88

Reaction score
Hello! I just had my first natural IUI this morning and want to hear your experiences.
Monday I had my HSG and found out my right tube is blocked right where it meets the uterus. Left is wide open but I do have some adhesions from a prior back surgery. My Dr isn't concerned with the adhesions and said a tube can pick up an egg from either ovary.
IUI was extremely uneventful, which was awesome because I was so nervous for it! I'm just worried it was too late because we only went based on opk surge. My RE says to only test in the morning but since I have been ttc over a year, I know I always get my surge around 8pm (Wed night this week). I called them the next morning (Thurs) and they said they would count it as the next day surge so we scheduled IUI for today (Friday). Ive read 36 hoirs after surge seems to be the best, which is pretty close to when we did IUI, but I'm still worried I ovulated right away and missed it.

Anyone have any experiences or advice? We will be tonight and Sunday per Dr orders. I'm just so excited yet so scared to be hopeful.

Hello!

When I had my successful cycle in 2015 I got my positive OPK on Tues at 12:30pm and then I had my IUI the next day at 1:00pm.

My cycles this go round are with a trigger shot and the IUI's are typically done 36 hours after a trigger shot. If you would have had a positive Wed at 8pm and IUI Friday morning you could still make it. The egg lasts 12-24 hours so if you did O Thursday night, it should still be there Friday morning.

In my opinion you could still have a chance. Did you feel any ovulation cramping or anything Friday?

My clinic asked me if I wanted to test at home because it's far for me to come in. I said no. They have people come in and do bloodwork to identify how close you are to O. They will also give you a shot to make you O if they find that your follicles are ready. You should ask if it's an option to get the bloodwork done to see if you are in fact Owing.

I have been getting a trigger shot to make me ovulate rather than waiting for a natural O because May and June I failed to O.

I triggered Wed and am getting an IUI today so I hope that the timing is closer this time.

Thanks for the information. I thought you could only tell afterwards if you ovulated. I never knew you could blood work to tell if you were close to ovulating. That's great to know! :thumbup:

Hello!

When I had my successful cycle in 2015 I got my positive OPK on Tues at 12:30pm and then I had my IUI the next day at 1:00pm.

My cycles this go round are with a trigger shot and the IUI's are typically done 36 hours after a trigger shot. If you would have had a positive Wed at 8pm and IUI Friday morning you could still make it. The egg lasts 12-24 hours so if you did O Thursday night, it should still be there Friday morning.

In my opinion you could still have a chance. Did you feel any ovulation cramping or anything Friday?

I had some cramping thurs and Friday. I also always feel like I have a fever when I O...i felt like that we'd night through sat. We bd Friday night and Sunday per Dr orders so I'm hoping we caught it! My cd21 progesterone was only 7 so they said I ovulate but I'm worried because I keep reading/hearing it should be 10 for viability. The past 3 months we have done cd21 bloodwork to check if I did o and it's always shown I have but it's always been 7s or high 8. The nurse is talking to the Dr next week to see if he wants to medicate me but I really don't want to.
I hope yours went well!!!!!

Anytime I do bloodwork to confirm O I believe my level is 9. I haven't had bloodwork to check for O in a few years though and this year I am up on a higher dose of Femara because I wasn't responding to meds. It could affect it well.

My IUI was done Friday, Oct 13 and I am 3dpo today. Where are you in your cycle?

I am on cd26, 11dpo/iui. I was feeling really positive the first week after IUI now I am not. I am so sad thinking it didn't work because I have had some light brown/dark yellow spotting off and on since Sunday. Same with sore boobs - off and on. I usually spot 2-3 days before AF and have 26-28 day cycles so I am trying really hard to stay positive, but also being realistic.

Anytime I do bloodwork to confirm O I believe my level is 9. I haven't had bloodwork to check for O in a few years though and this year I am up on a higher dose of Femara because I wasn't responding to meds. It could affect it well.

My IUI was done Friday, Oct 13 and I am 3dpo today. Where are you in your cycle?

NO AF!

I hope you aren't starting AF. Your period is officially due Friday so you should have full flow then if it is AF?

Sometimes it does take a few IUI's to really figure out the timing. When I conceived DS, I had a positive OPK (naturally) on Aug 4th at 12:30pm and then I had the IUI done at 1:30pm Aug 5.

For my TTC#2 I am triggering and doing IUI's around 39 hours later and none have worked. This time we did 43 hours after trigger shot and I am pretty sure I O'ed at 9am the morning of my IUI. I still may not have caught the egg. Its a tricky thing those eggs.

If this is AF, what is your plan next month? Natural cycle again?

Hello!

I had my successful natural IUI cycle in July. I had bloodwork done in order to detect my surge because the OPKs were not clear on the previous cycle. I had a positive surge on the Saturday morning blood test, but I felt as though I had O'd or was about to due to CM on Friday afternoon. I was scheduled in for IUI on the Sunday afternoon and it worked a treat.

I'd like to add that this was the first month properly trying as the previous time I had used OPK and got a false pos at day 8. We did the treatment, then I had the usual surge symptoms at day 15 as usual. Boo! Only wasted one go though, but still - it means that this was the first try that was properly timed.

I wish you lots of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->