IUI no fertility meds

Mango83

Reaction score
Anyone do IUI with no fertility drugs? My dr wants us to do IUI but with no meds since I ovulate on my own each month. Husband had good count and motility, his morphology is on the low side 8%. We have been ttc for a year and a half.

I did one natural and then moved on to medicated cycles, adding the fertility meds increases your chances because more eggs = more chances at least one will fertilize but it also increases the chance for multiples. I hope your natural cycle works.

We didn't do any unmedicated cycles. By medicated, I'm referring to clomid and a trigger shot, we never did injectables. I know the idea of using medicine is supposed to give you multiple eggs, but you really only do need one. We did two iui's. The first didn't work, but it was also the first time I'd ever been on clomid (I ovulate on my own) and personally I think things happened too late in the cycle, and I guess I viewed it more as a "figuring things out" run. The second time, the clomid was upped, I only had one egg, we did the iui cd14, and it worked.

Clomid isn't that expensive. If you're paying out of pocket for this (we did) then I would explain that to your doctor and tell them you want to do what needs to be done to give you the best chance, but it is true that sometimes you only need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->