I've been diagnosed with Depression :(

MilitaryMummy

Mum to Macie Brooke xxx
Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to say it to be honest!
I was diagnosed a few months ago and am now being sent on talk thereapy (have a session on thursday)
I'm leaving my job in November and cannot wait!!!! This is the main cause of my depression....
Anyone else suffering???
xx

Oh i am sorry hun! What has happened at work? You have obviously been under alot of stress there?

i dont have depression but i have been taking citalopram for anxiety for a number of years now. Talking sessions were no help for me as i had too much stress hormone messing my brain which only drugs could rebalance.

It helps for alot of people though. And i hope you can get back to some normality:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

At least something is being done about it now though:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you!!!
Well i've not been put on anything as they want to try this talk therapy first but i know it wont help as i'm not one that doesnt talk if you know what i mean? And i've got some close friends that i've spoke to about everything and i dont feel any better after i've spoken you know?

The only thing that helps me is my daughter lol.... and i know that may sound really sad, but i always feel calmer when me and her are just us!

xxx

hey,
I was diagnosed with it when my little boy was a baby and had anti-depressants but stopped taking them and now

hey,
I was diagnosed with it when my little boy was a baby and had anti-depressants but stopped taking them and now I think it's back :(
feeling proper low, tired, moody and keep snapping. think it's time for docs again xx

^^^^ thats how i feel but they've sent me on this talk therapy thing and like i said above i've spoke about it all and to be honest it just makes me feel worse!!!!
xx

Sorry to invade in your thread, but i was just wondering but how do you know if you are depressed? I know im really sad but when does that turn into depression.
I feel so low right now. I cry most days and ive been struggling to stop myself from crying at work (Work isnt a problem btw) i even find myself sobbing in the toilets sometimes.

Just explain how you feel to your doctor and they will tell you if you have depression, its things like you use to be able to do but not as bothered now, like waking up and making a cup of tea, with depression you just dont seem to be bothered and are unhappy with your life that you becaome depressed about it, it can actualy feel quite scarey you ask your self whats wrong with me, but there is helpout there and no ones alone :)

I haven't been diagnosed but i feel like i have depression. Down all the time feel heavy in the head if that makes sense?

I was diagnosed a month ago and was put onto citalopram on the spot. I was given a questionnaire to do to assess my severity and I came out as 'medium - score 13/27' so it's not massive but enough to effect my every day life.

I had been struggling for about 6 months if I'm honest but it all got too much and my hubby sent me to the Dr's to get checked out. I went back on Friday to have my assessment re-done and I scored 1. The Dr said that even he would have scored higher than that! lol

First off well done for going to get checked out. If you're not happy that you've been given therapy, then go back to the Dr's after the session and discuss it. They may try you on a different tack.

Btw - I was bullied at work when I was pregnant and that can be horrible. If it's affecting you that badly can your Dr sign you off with stress? My Dr wanted to sign me off for a fortnight to let my anti-d's kick in but as I'm a temp I wouldn't have been paid so didn't. Could that be an option? to let you calm down a bit now and help.

:hugs:

Hey there. So sorry you are feeling rubbish.

I have a fair bit of experience of depression... I was diagnosed with depression in 2005 but that was changed to bipolar dissorder II in 2007. I have suffered the symptoms on and off for as long as I can remember. I also worked as a support worker for adults with mental health problems and did a placement year as part of my psychology degree for various adult mental health projects in hampshire.

Firstly i would suggest you attend your talking therapy session with an open mind. It is not really like chatting to your friends. The person you will see is trained to help you identify key triggers for your depression and you will work with him/her to develop a personal plan of how to stop your depression progressing. I felt exactly the same as you (especially as I felt I knew everything that they would be using with me) but I found it helpful. You may not but all you loose by trying is a bit of time.

Depression can be the result of life experiences or it can be the result of a chemical imbalance. These are not mutually exclusive and life can affect your brain chemistry (hope that makes sense) this is why antidepressants can really help. For me I think I will have to be on my antidepressants for the rest of my life although when I am well I only need to take one tablet every other day.

Lila_in_love - I think you need to have a chat with your doc. What you are describing are classic symptoms of depression. Crying in the toilets at work is one of my key triggers that my mood has sunk very low. If you want to talk about this privately please feel free to PM me hun.... that goes for any of you ladies. :)

This is due in part to hormonal factors, Feeling agitated, restless, or even violent..I think you may not get seek proper treatment, with proper treatment, nearly 80% of people with depression can make significant improvement in their depression and mood.

I was diagnosed this year but have been suffering for a while, I was put on fluoxetine and citalopram but now I've come off them and trying to deal with it with support from my lovely OH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->