I've been discharged......not sure how I feel :(

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
So my MW came today and I've been offically discharged...

I'm totally fine with it in terms of feeling well and ready to 'go it alone' as it were but I actually feel a bit sad that the 'journey' is kind of over.....:(

On the whole I enjoyed my pregnancy. Yes the beginning can be difficult and the last few weeks are pretty much torture but over all its a lovely special time.

The labour was everything I'd hoped for and even though it might not have felt like it at times, it went pretty much exactly as I'd have wanted. I can honestly say thats the bit I'm most sad about being over. :( I'm actually ready right now, to do it all again.....

Does anyone else feel a little bereft now its all 'over' ??

x

I'm the wrong person to be replying to this lol, as this is part of the reason we are on no.7! Pregnancy, labor, the actual birth, the first few manic days are just the most exciting, fascinating and magical things I have ever done. To the point of it being an addiction almost:rofl: Still I don't drink or smoke so I suppose I'm allowed one addiction in my life.

Can you see more children in your future? If so, and your healthy and you have healthy pregnancies and a happy family then I say leave nature run its course maybe;)

Fortunately my hubby was already talking about having more before Hebe was born and has mentioned it since too!! We've even talked about starting trying again that same time next year - ie. january - the only thing that might stop us is money. Obviously the more babies we have the less we'll have!!!

x

:hugs:

I have to say I'm also a bit sad about that whole part being over.
Even though there's a whole new journey starting now...:)

But I really loved being pregnant most of the time and I most likely won't be ever again...and now thinking back on all those exciting days of finding out what it is and shopping for cute clothes...and the excitement and adventure of labour.

I was kinda sad too,but them Lola turned a month old and she's smiling and playing :cloud9: so I'm glad it's over and this part has started.

:hug: I know exactly how you feel... it's much worse this time as I know I am doing this for the very last time.. :(

Quite honestly, I guess I am a bit saddened by it. Mainly because it was my last time for having kids....I will never have another baby again. Tubes are tied and my days of having children are now over. A chapter of my life is closed.

It's bittersweet as I'd truly never want to go through pregnancy again yet, at the same time, I won't have my own newborn baby again. Even Chase is way passed that newborn stage now and that saddens me.

Guess I have to wait until grandkids come my way. :)

:hugs:

I have to say I'm also a bit sad about that whole part being over.
Even though there's a whole new journey starting now...:)

But I really loved being pregnant most of the time and I most likely won't be ever again...and now thinking back on all those exciting days of finding out what it is and shopping for cute clothes...and the excitement and adventure of labour.

I was kinda sad too,but them Lola turned a month old and she's smiling and playing :cloud9: so I'm glad it's over and this part has started.

Dont get me wrong Amy, I'm really excited about the new chapter and seeing her smile and grow and so on it's just....I dont know.....it's just a little bit sad too.... :(

:hug: I know exactly how you feel... it's much worse this time as I know I am doing this for the very last time.. :(

I suppose I'm lucky because I'm not certain that this will be my last time - goodness knows how I'll feel then!!!

It's bittersweet as I'd truly never want to go through pregnancy again yet, at the same time, I won't have my own newborn baby again. Even Chase is way passed that newborn stage now and that saddens me.

Leeanne - I'm pretty much with you on the pregnancy part - I was saying to my friend today who's 12 weeks, how I'd do it all again in a breath so long as I could condence the pregnancy into about 3 months max!!

If pregnancy was a few months long, I would have enjoyed it. ROFL!

Lisa ,
when i get preggo you can follow me and feel like you going it again ...when you got your BFP for me it was like i was having a virtual pregnancy via you :)!!

i feel exactly the same lisa, although my birth was not how i wanted at all, and tbh i was pretty poorly during my pregnancy, i loved it all! having maddi now is amazing, especially now we're into a routine and i actually have some clue what i'm doing, like you, i wouldn't change if for the world :cloud9: but i adored the whole experience and can't wait to do it again :hugs: x x x x

Lisa ,
when i get preggo you can follow me and feel like you going it again ...when you got your BFP for me it was like i was having a virtual pregnancy via you :)!!

Laetitia I will be stalking you from the second that BFP is announced!!! My goodness I'll probably be on a plane over there given half a chance!!!!!
I cant wait for my virtual pregnancy with you honey.:hugs:

x

i feel exactly the same lisa, although my birth was not how i wanted at all, and tbh i was pretty poorly during my pregnancy, i loved it all! having maddi now is amazing, especially now we're into a routine and i actually have some clue what i'm doing, like you, i wouldn't change if for the world :cloud9: but i adored the whole experience and can't wait to do it again :hugs: x x x x

It's lovely to hear you so positive about it xxx

Oh I feel the same Lisa, I would happily do it all again now!!

DH is horrified at the thought tho!! We both always said two would be enough.

I am just so sad at the thought of never being preg, giving birth and having a newborn again.

Nicola xxx

Yeah i know what you mean, straight after having Jack when he was in my arms for the first time i turned to my husband and said i wanted to do it all again!

yes, yes, yes. i just want another 1 now. i never thought i'd feel like this as i said i always jst wanted 2. and then finding out bethany was a girl and i would have 1 of each was jst perfect. now i cant see my life without a 3rd. her birth was jst so magical (a quick, :rofl:) i loved the whole feeling special and being the 'fragile' pregnant lady. and the whole run up to the scans, birth etc.
see u in 1st tri??? :rofl: i really need to qualify 1st.
xx

my belly is aching to be big again.

am the same lisa even tho litttle harry is still tiny its strange i get brodie allreddy :rofl: i would love enother one ,:hugs:

I was the same. I loved my mw and was sad that I wasn't gonna c her everyday.
I was also sad that that chapter of my life was over. Made me want more babies

I totally know where you are coming from Lisa.

I loved every minute of pregnancy, it is a very special time. I think especially with your first as everything is so new. You are a combination of excitement, nerves and expectation. I would love to do it again in a year or so!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->