I've been gone for a while... DR appt tomorrow...

NatashaZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I haven't been able to visit the forums because work has been very busy.

To recap, I had my d&c on February 22. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week follow-up. I have been bleeding off and on and feel a little hopeless. Sometimes I manage to forget everything that happened and go about my day, then I go to the toilet and am reminded all over again. It's depressing.

I have no idea what the doctor will do tomorrow. I am hoping I get a pelvic. Does anyone know what happens at these appointments? Can doctors look at your cervix and tell if you are near ovulating again?

I kind of hope my doctor takes a look in there and says, "Hey! Everything looks great and you are so ovulating! Go home and have sex because there's an egg in there waiting for it's other half!". I'm scared to take a pregnancy test and see positive or anything else that would indicate that my body is not starting over. I just want to fast forward through my cycle to when we can actually start trying again :(

I wondered where you went.. I remember a few of your posts! I hope you've been doing okay! That sucks about that off and on bleeding~ I know it delays the emotional healing - not just the physical part.. I posted on this previously before.. not sure if you ever got to read it- but I HIGHLY recommend upping your activity level. When I started running again for the 1st time- the blood picked up to somewhat less than AF from spotting but then it completely disappeared. I really think running helped move things around and get everything out quicker- plus it increases the blood flow which can only speed up recovery. Don't kill yourself or overdo it obviously- but it really sincerely helped me and ALL of the spotting stopped.

When I had my checkup- he did an internal exam on his own and felt my uterus to make sure it had shrunk down and it did thankfully- but he didnt do an u/s to see how everything was looking or if and when I would ovulate unfortunately. I WISH! You could ASK (doesn't hurt) and see what they say?

Best of luck hun! :hugs:

Completely different experience for me. My follow up appt was today at almost 4 weeks post D&C. No internal, just a chat about when the bleeding/spotting finished and other bodily functions :blush:. I was advised that they tested the remains and no evidence of things like molar pregnancy so all good to try again. I was advised to wait till AF comes before trying again. And that I could have a scan at 7-9wks when I next get a BFP to check how things are progressing. Also got confirmation that the baby stopped growing at 6-7weeks (which is what the scan said as well).

Hello everyone. I haven't been able to visit the forums because work has been very busy.

To recap, I had my d&c on February 22. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week follow-up. I have been bleeding off and on and feel a little hopeless. Sometimes I manage to forget everything that happened and go about my day, then I go to the toilet and am reminded all over again. It's depressing.

I have no idea what the doctor will do tomorrow. I am hoping I get a pelvic. Does anyone know what happens at these appointments? Can doctors look at your cervix and tell if you are near ovulating again?

I kind of hope my doctor takes a look in there and says, "Hey! Everything looks great and you are so ovulating! Go home and have sex because there's an egg in there waiting for it's other half!". I'm scared to take a pregnancy test and see positive or anything else that would indicate that my body is not starting over. I just want to fast forward through my cycle to when we can actually start trying again :(

Hi Natasha :flower:
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too have had the on off bleeding - just when you think it has finished it starts up again right? It's very frustrating and it really does make it harder to move on emotionally.
I expect that your doctor may take some blood to test your HCG levels or at least make you do a UPT to see if it's still +. They may want to examine you internally but I wouldn't have thought so unless you are feeling unwell?
I went to the EPU yesteray as pain and bleeding got much worse (after been pain and blood free for 24 hours) and they took blood and sent me home with antibiotics 'just in case'. They called me in the evening to tell me my HCG was still at 200 and I have to go back for more bloodwork on Wednesday.

I expect that if you're still bleeding you may have a similar outcome to me. I hope that you are ok. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->