I've been told baby is breech but I can feel hiccups on pubic bone

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
From early on, I've felt hiccups very low down and can feel the hiccup movements near to my pubic bone when I put my hand there. It's the same feeling as I had with my daughter and she was always head down.
At my 28 week appointment, the midwife said he was breech, which I didn't believe because of the hiccups so at another appointment a few days later, I asked another midwife if she could tell me the position and she also said breech.

I know if he is, there's loads of time for him to turn but I'm just so convinced he's head down. What could the hiccup feeling be if he's not head down?

My baby was breach at my 30 week scan but my dr thought she was head down at my last 34 week check up. I usually feel hiccups to the right of my naval, which I thought was pretty high up, but I guess if baby is head down with her butt or back up there, that's where I would feel them. They can be wrong obviously but If you've had two midwives say your baby is breech I would say maybe babies butt/back is deep in your pelvis with his legs pointing up and maybe that's why you feel them so low?

I never had any luck getting baby to turn by getting on all fours or doing inversions, I always felt the biggest whole body movements when I was relaxing in bed stretched out flat on my back watching tv or something. I also think taking a nice relaxing bath before bed and sleeping on your left side helps loosens the muscles and tendons in the uterus helping baby to turn in your sleep. Good luck :)

My story is the same as yours, all the while she has been breech but I still feel hiccups very low down so did wonder if she actually was. At my last appointment (32 weeks) the midwife said she was breech, at 34 weeks I was in hospital for reduced movement and they gave me a scan (hospital policy they said, was good for me as I got to see for sure what way she was lying!) and they confirmed she is breech, but I still feel hiccups low down. My thoughts are that maybe her whole body vibrates whilst hiccuping and I am only feeling it low down for some reason, or that she is still moving around a lot and at the scan and midwives appointments she has been in breech position but at other times is moving out and becoming head down and that's when I am feeling the hiccups. It is very confusing I just want her to engage head down!!

I would pay more attention to where you're feeling the kicks. My baby has been head down mostly the whole time, confirmed at the ultrasound and each midwife appt, and I can feel baby's whole back and butt to the right and above my belly button, with kicks usually on the left side of my belly. Check out SpinningBabies.com for techniques on turning a breech baby.

My baby is breech and usually feel hiccups low down, although sometimes I can feel them all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->