I've done it! One year exclusively pumping!

HopefulPony

Mummy to Porge and Bobbin
Reaction score
Yesterday I celebrated my sons first birthday, and one year exclusively pumping! I'm so proud to say I have fed him for a whole year, through so many struggles. I desperately wanted to breastfeed him and was devastated when he couldn't latch. He has posterior tongue tie and upper lip tie as well as a misaligned jaw at birth, and a breast aversion. But we have come through it and are happily continuing to breastfeed in our own special way.

Congratulations! I know exactly how hard it can be, I did it for 13 months with my first. You are a super momma!

Congratulations. Just love to hear stories like these :thumbup:

Such an achievement, be very proud of yourself you lovely thing! X

Yesterday I celebrated my sons first birthday, and one year exclusively pumping! I'm so proud to say I have fed him for a whole year, through so many struggles. I desperately wanted to breastfeed him and was devastated when he couldn't latch. He has posterior tongue tie and upper lip tie as well as a misaligned jaw at birth, and a breast aversion. But we have come through it and are happily continuing to breastfeed in our own special way.

Great Job!!! I've made it to the 6 month mark and still going. Hoping to make it to 12 months as well! I'm also exclusively pumping because DS was tongue tied and had a latch issue as well. Thank You for giving me hope. Would love to hear more. How many times a day did you pump? How much milk did you yield daily?

Yay! :happydance: can't wait to get there myself....2.5 more months! are you done or keep going?

Wow that is amazing! I can't imagine how hard it must be to exclusively pump. You've done a great job to keep it up for so long, well done!! :)

Thanks ladies :) I am still going, I want him to self wean, but now he's one I'm under a lot of pressure to stop so I can "put myself first". Yes pumping is hard and it would be easier not to but it's his milk and he gets so much comfort from it, he knows where it comes from and I want it to be his decision when to stop.

Mimzy3, I actually didn't start full time pumping until he was 6 weeks old, as I was told it wasn't sustainable and I should just give formula, so I only did one or two pump per day and got about 1-2oz for him. At 6 weeks I decided to give full time pumping a go (with a hand pump, ouch!) and did about 8 pumps per day. I quickly bought a double pump and I was getting about 8-10oz, by 4 months I was getting 22-24oz and we stopped supplementing. Things have dropped as I dropped pumps and now I do 3 pumps and get about 15oz, and he has a bottle of frozen donor milk every couple of days - but I need the time away from the pump! :)

Thanks ladies :) I am still going, I want him to self wean, but now he's one I'm under a lot of pressure to stop so I can "put myself first". Yes pumping is hard and it would be easier not to but it's his milk and he gets so much comfort from it, he knows where it comes from and I want it to be his decision when to stop.

I don't know if he will self wean considering its in a bottle? I'm not really sure how that works? But there is nothing wrong with continuing to give him breast milk if that is what you want to do.:thumbup: Sounds like you worked hard to get your supply up, good job! I didn't start EP till DS was 10 weeks before then I was still struggling with his latch issue and hour long feeds was too stubborn to supplement. :wacko:

That is AMAZING! Congratulations, good for you and your little boy.

I don't know if he will self wean considering its in a bottle? I'm not really sure how that works? But there is nothing wrong with continuing to give him breast milk if that is what you want to do.:thumbup: Sounds like you worked hard to get your supply up, good job! I didn't start EP till DS was 10 weeks before then I was still struggling with his latch issue and hour long feeds was too stubborn to supplement. :wacko:

I think if he does he will probably be older than most self-weaners... I don't know. It doesn't matter to me how old he is when he stops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->