I've finally had my little girl!

Freya27

Reaction score
As some of you may have read in my other post i had a bit of a nightmare since my waters broke in the early hours of Tuesday morning (29th).

Had constant but irregular contractions and had numerous visits up to the midwife led unit to be monitored and checked.

I was taken up to the main hospital at 9am this morning to be induced and after being hooked up to the monitor and drip started having really strong regular contractions. Using the gas and air after hours I only made it to 3cm dilated. I had an epidural in the end and oh my god it was amazing, I was having contractions a minute apart and felt nothing at all and in a matter of 3 hours I got to 7cm.

After a while I started to really feel the contractions again and they were so intense. They kept topping up my epidural but it just wasn't working. Finally they listened to hubby when he insisted the anethatist (sp) come take a look. Turns out the epidural tube had come out of my back so I was feeling full on contractions. By now though it's 10pm and I am totally exhausted. Got examined again to find that even with all the strong contractions I hadn't budged from 7cm so the registrar came around and said she'd like to perform a c section. By now that was what I'd been hoping for so at 11pm I was wheeled in and Summer Ellen Jenkins was born at 11.21pm on 1st July weighing 7lb 5oz. She's absolutley perfect and the most gorgeous little thing I've ever seen. I am totally in love! 67 hours of labour and agony but I'd do it again in a heartbeat for her!

Will post pics as soon as I can!

Thank you all so much for all your support!

X

Congrats cant wait to see pics :)

Congratulations to you Freya.

Sorry that you had such a hard time of it. I hope you can get lots of rest (heard I know with a newborn) and that you recover quickly.

Alex

congrats on your little girl! Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->