Ive got 6 days to get my natural birth!

Char.due.jan

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
So I'm booked in for an induction on Thursday, so vie got until then for my natural birth. I want a water birth at my midwife-led birthing suite.

So any ideas on natural induction methods I've tried the obvious curry, dtd etc.. But none have worked :( I had a sweep yesterday and I've lost my plug. I'm having aches and pains atm in my back, stomach and thighs.. I have no idea what they are though. I'm currently lay in the bath to ease off the pain! I'm also unsure to as whether my waters are leaking, but I'm in the bath like I said so cant monitor that at the moment!

Sorry for the very random post but I'm doing something to take my mind off the pains! And I've had a few pains like this before so I'm not getting my hopes up that this is it :(

Hi - we have just been talking about the pressure to not go too far over in the homebrithers and hopfulls sticky thread.
I know that the pressure can be immense. Have you agreed to the date for an induction? You know that you don’t have to have this done? And you can still have a birth at the birth centre, you would need to arrange to see your MW and the senior MW to discuss a care plan for you.. If you want to birth in the birth centre. Honestly, you can still have your birth centre birth! The choice of where you give birth is upto you - so you need to ask yourself what you are comfortable with.. Everybody has different circumstances.

By your dates you will be 42 weeks next Saturday.. And 42 weeks is still considered term.
Always remember that your EDD is an ESTIMATED date of delivery.. They might as well call it an educated gestimate date! Everyone’s cycles are very different and it is very rare to go into labour on your expected date, people are either before or after, and that is very natural.

I’m sure you’ll be able to find all the home remedies for trying to get you going. (Sex is physiologically very effective), But I wanted to offer you some support, as I know how it feels to go over and feel like you are under pressure, and to say that you don't have to do anything that you don't want to.
XxX

A bath may not be the best idea as it could be early labor and getting in the water too soon can SLOW labor.

Baths can work one way or another. My advice is stop trying. You dont only have 6 days. You have as long as you like and you can refuse induction and have monitoring until your baby decides they are ready to be born :)

Agree with MM I got given my 'induction' date and I phoned up and refused it, you have to stop worrying they cannot make you do anything. :hugs: Just relax your baby will be here soon no matter what and there is nothing you can do about it. :hugs:

BTW when I rang up to refuse my induction I went into labour :hugs: maybe there is something about finally relaxing and knowing that you have to wait until your LO is good and ready?

I'm sorry for not reading your post more carefully Char! I didn't realise that you had already had a sweep done.

I felt the same as you after my sweep, and it really got me going - I had a day of loosing my plug with a mucus bloody show all the first day and then went into early labour that day after.. and in the evening of the day after my daughter was born. So I hope that you too are in early labour now.
XxX

Cancel the induction, why go if you dont have to?

She's in labour! Went in early this morning I think after suspecting her waters went last night. They hadn't but she posted in third tri today to say she was having contractions and has been quiet a while so I'm guessing things are well on their way!

That is brilliant!!! Thanks PB! So pleased for Char that the sweep did work for her too!
It really can be very effective, but your body has to be a bit ready anyways.. So Like my sweep I will never know if it was going to happen in anycase, or if it was the sweep?
XxX

I'm bouncing on my ball and just got a little too excited by this!!!!! Thanks for the heads up Peanut, I just found the thread over in Third Tri.

Yes, this is great news and very encouraging for us overdue ladies.

Char had her baby boy!!!

I've had my baby boy!! Luke Harry!! At approx 10 to 12 on the 6th of feb! I'm not 100% sure on the time exactly as I was out of my mind on gas and air haha!!! He was 7lb and 13oz and used only the birthing pool and gas and air for pain relief! It hurt so bad and I've had to have stitches but it was worth every second :cloud9: me and LO are currently having cuddles and breastfeeding is going well!

Pictures and full birth story to follow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->