ive picked but partner isn't sure

rpp

Reaction score
Expecting third baby and I already have my names picked . Hubby is ok with boys name but hates girls name :( back to the drawing board but everything I see I hate grr this is going to be hard

George William after my grandad (all the dads where called that going back to 1700s except last two generations as only girls born)
Then Theresa Mary Susan for a girl (Theresa Mary after my nan and Susan after hubbys mom) I know everyone will hate them but I wanted to continue George throughout the generations plus I adore my nanny and grandad

I think they are lovely names,im all for tradition and love the idea of passing names down through the generations.My LO middle names are after my MIL and SIL :thumbup:

you should of really talked to OH about names before picking/setting you heart on them

has he said why he doesn't like it though?

I've always known I wanted to use those names. He thought they sounded a bit old fashioned , he doesn't mind George but gave a funny look at Theresa lol. I don't mind if he doesn't like them, as much as I would have loved to use them it's all about compromise :)

Would he go for a variation?

Tarisa
Therese (French form)
......can't think of any more!

or another T name?

He said he doesn't want names from the 40,s he likes things like hayleigh but I really don't like them. Our son is named after his grandad , him, his dad and my dad .

It does seem fair to use mainly your family names then if that has meaning for you but if he really doesn't like it......

Make a list of other relatives' names you like and see if any stand out for him :shrug:

It does seem fair to use mainly your family names then if that has meaning for you but if he really doesn't like it......

Make a list of other relatives' names you like and see if any stand out for him :shrug:

I agree. I think he will let us have George if its a boy so I'm 100% willing to look other names for girls . It's a shame because there are some other family members I have found that I would love to use to honour them but I don't like their names haha. I'm so picky with girls names lol

I think Theresa sounds nice as a middle name..

Emily Theresa
Hayley Theresa
Suzanne Theresa (a variation of Susan)
etc..

How about Tricia? My friends wife is named that. It's usually pronounced Trisha, but her family pronounces it Ter-rees-ia.

Really nice reasons you want the names. Love George. Hopefully you can both agree on a girls name that will go well with Theresa as a middle :)

Well when he saw I was using his moms name with Theresa he seemed a bit more open minded think it's because it has a nice ring to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->