I've to starve him

xarlenex

Reaction score
And its horrible. The day after we got back from Paris he started puking and pooping like nothing on earth. That was yesterday and today we took him to the doctors who said he's probably picked something up over there and hes to get nothing except some Diralyte drink. And hes not allowed more than an ounce at a time.

How can I not feed my baby when hes clearly hungry..!? :cry:

Strange. I've never heard of doing this when a baby is sick. Hope he gets better soon!

:hugs:

Neither have I. It was a new american doctor we seen today..I guess hes the expect though. I feel horrible tho :(

I know when Jasmine had rota virus, she was given dirolyte and was allowed nothing else aswell

I know when Jasmine had rota virus, she was given dirolyte and was allowed nothing else aswell

How did you cope with her crying and not being able to feed her? Im findin it really difficult.

what about a bit of toast or bread hun, i got told when they were vomiting not to give them dairy.

I would do the BRAT diet...bananas, rice, apples, toast. If he's hungry I'd let him eat, but I wouldn't let him eat a ton, also not let him drink too much at once. If he doesn't want to eat I wouldn't force it but if he does I wouldn't hold him back from it either

How long isn't he allowed to eat for?

I think it sounds weird and I'd be tempted to let him eat a little bit. Think how you feel when you've been throwing up sick, even though you're not hungry a little bland food (like toast) makes you feel SO much better.

Maybe call and check with the doctor IF you were going to feed him what you could give him?

:hugs: oh poor poor LO! hope he feels better soon :hugs: when maddi had gastroenteritis we had to do the same amount of water (7oz) and only half formula (3scoops) so she didn't get dehydrated. so hope he feels better soon :hugs: x

I'm afraid I'd go with it so long as it wasn't too long. Joe took this on holiday in March and ended up in hospital. He was given an injection to stop the sickness and then was given a sugar/water solution (this was in Fuerteventura), I had to give him 5ml every 5 minutes for 1 hour, then 10ml every 5 minutes for 1 hour then that stayed down so we progressed to 'natural' yogurt. 1 teaspoon every 5 minutes for 1 hour then the next hour just as when until they've finished the yogurt. We stayed on the natural yogurt and dry toast and clear juice for a further 24 hours and it worked :) I now keep a couple pots of natural yogurt in the fridge at all times.

:hugs: hope the little man is better soon hun xoxox

Just until its out his system, then the doctor said i'd to start with baby rice again.

I thought he seemed to be better but he was sick twice again this morning and we havent had a wet nappy since yesterday, hes been crying all mornin but without tears so we've to take him back to the doctors incase hes dehydrated :(

Thanks for your well wishes for him :)

x

Gosh how hard *hugs*

I read your other thread - I just hope thinsg get better for you both soon x

i would think it would be better for baby to eat more if they are not well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member