I've took the plunge and phoned a nursery

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
And I actually feel so much better for it! :shock:

I know loads of people who send their kids there, and DHs 2 nieces go there and they love it.

I spoke to the woman who owns the nursery, and she was lovely! My opening line was that I had a 4 month old baby, and should really start thinking about going back to work soon. Her immediate response was to say 'No, you don't want to be doing a silly thing like that!!' and laughed! She was so nice and really put me at ease. She's sending me a prospectus and I'm going for a visit next Wednesday morning.

If the nursery is half as nice as she sounds, I won't feel bad at all leaving Charlie there to go back to work. :D

hey hun good for you!! i want to get chloe and callum both in nursery too(not so much callum but no choice now!)but due to my current situation with teh inland rev im stuck :(

aww let us no how you get on.
i am going back to work in 4 months. i am so upset about sending the kids to nursery or childminder.

im in 2 minds i cant choose which is best.
i have seen a nursery and i love it. but i would like Dior and Harley to be together and with a childminder the can.

we need 2win the loto

Kayleigh had a childminder (well 3 in total) until she was about 3 and I changed jobs. Then she started going to a nursery close to work so it was easier. She was much better off and happier at nursery.

I know some people say childminders are much better, and I do respect their opinion, but in mine (and this is only my opinion, I don't mean to offend), I prefer nurseries. They are more structured, are Ofsted regulated, do more with the kids, have better facilites, etc, than a childminder.

I can remember one occasion with Kayleigh's second childminder. I had a lecture cancelled, so managed to get home about an hour earlier than normal, so I went to collect Kayleigh without calling first. She was looking after 3 kids, and had them all sat in front of Take the High Road on the telly while she was doing the ironing!! :shock: I said that I wasn't particularly happy that I was paying her good money for her to do her ironing, to which she replied that she was at home all day, so didn't see why she should save the ironing to do in the evening! :shock: My answer was 'because you are currently at work, and I don't think they would be impressed if I set my ironing board up behind the bar of the British Legion on a Saturday night when I was working till 1 in the morning to earn the money to pay her! :shock: Needless to say - Kayleigh never went back there again!!! :lol:

Rant over!

Well said Amanda i wouldn't have been happy either
You are paying them to look after you child, educate and entertain, not learn take the highroad scripts!!!

I know a couple of childminders that i would maybe try if i need to go back to work ( snity more than money!!) I prefer nurserys like you but would maybe need someone to collect Emily from school and the nearest nursey to me only seems to collect from the other school :roll:

Nurserys have to adere to Early years education more than childminders do and you can see how much they are developng through their Keyworker and record books etc...

Sorry nursery nurse coming out in me :oops:

Dior had a childminder. i phoned her once to make sure every thing was ok and she was half asleep, she said sorry i nodded of for a bit :shock:

she was a twat alltogether though.

but they both have their upsides and down sides.

Dior is very clingy and dont trust anyone. she dont like noise and likes her space so in that case i think childminder is better and her and harley can be together.

i have heard about a lady round here 2 of them have a big house and they both do childminding?

but i love the nursery i have seen and think it would bring Dior on better more??

i think i prefer a nursery for the older ones but childminder for younger ones? so im buggered as they need to go together

i cant decided :?

Seren started nursery at 5 and a half months and it was the best thing I ever did. She loves it there, all the babies in her group are similar ages. We gets pictures and baking, plus at Christmas she had more cards then we did. Seren is such a sociable baby, loves chatting to people though not sure if that would have happened anyway. I always get a written report ofwhat she has done, and can look at her books anytime.

Aww Dionne what a dilemma for you

I'd do a list and write up the pros and cons of each

You say you want them to be together, i know it seems ages but in a year Harley will be out of the 'baby room'

I think if Dior is quite clingy a nursery would really do her some good I have worked with loads of children that scream and kick off when mum leaves and be so happy 2 minutes later,

in fact we had a little boy who was nearly turning blue screaming for mum but as soon as door shut he was fine, he soon worked out when mum would be back and start again, she was finding it really hard so we agreed with mum to film him through the day and she was amazed at how happy he was, and we realised he knew she would be back after storytime so we moved it 1/2 hour forward and he never carried on again at end time :D

I know you want them to be close and together but, they will be seperate at school won't they? and when they are 4 & 5 it could be so much harder for them to be seperated

Like i say do a list of pros and cons and just go with your heart you can always change mind again, nothing is set in stone :)

i am going to get my finger out and get it all sorted not long now! will do a list of pros and cons

i said to kris about them being together and he said the same as me let them be together now as once they go to school they wont be. think im wrapping them up in cotton wool :oops: :roll:

the nursey i looked at had loads of different classes. where i dont think Dior and Harley would ever be together :?

they had all different nams like ducklings etc it was about 0-6months upto 1yr 1-2 2-3

https://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/whitebox/childcaresearch.asp?cisid=5151&csid=515191592

Hmm not sure about them being tottally seperated, i beleive children of differant ages should mix within reason

Sounds like a good one, but the link to nursery wouldn't work for me

At the end of the day hun it is your chioce and i can only stick my two pennath in :D

that seems really good Dionne,

I would of liked to put kacy in a nursery but my parents have her for three days she has great fun and when i'm with her i try and take her to a baby group so she can socials with other people, she has just stopped going to one cos she is now 1 so i need to find another one for her.

i have trusted you and i have took the plunge too.

just paid my admin fee over the phone

Dior and Harley start on 1st april
i start work 8th may so gives them time to get settled. i have to let go i no i do and stop being over protective.

they are going monday 8am-5.30pm and weds 8am-5.30pm

costing me £595pm

is that a good price?

i love the nursery though it was every thing i wanted
its run by 2 HV.
im excited and scared. now i have to phone work and tell them what days and hours i am coming back!

sorry to have taken over your thread Tankett :oops:

https://www.tictocnursery.com/index.html

Dionne said:
we need 2win the loto

Same here Dionne, i never want to go back to work i want to sat home with my boy but i know i cant, so im staying at home untill hes one

Dionne said:
i have trusted you and i have took the plunge too.

they are going monday 8am-5.30pm and weds 8am-5.30pm

costing me £595pm

is that a good price?

Me???

As for the price am not sure as it is a while since i worked Private nursery, but that used to be around £135 a week full time for 1 child

I think the £595 works out at about £38 a day each so not bad by today rates i don't think
Around 3.80 an hour each

3.80 perhour is quite good, i started looking for child minders (to be prepared its only 7 months away) and she charged 3.20 an hour but her cat scratched Alfie so I wont be using her

ahhhh hello i no who you are now :lol:

yes i seen the post about her cat. silly moo

Rebecca is in nursery 2 days per week now, originally 3. She started at 4 months old. :D

KX said:
Rebecca is in nursery 2 days per week now, originally 3. She started at 4 months old. :D

how much does it cost you a day?

dionne do u not get working tax? cos they pay a percentage of ur nursery costs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->