I've turned into a kangaroo!!

Deise

Reaction score
Help! For the last week or so, Keira wont let me put her down during her awake time!! She likes to be carried around and starts bawling then you try to set her down!! And this goes on the whole morning! I knwo where this is heading and I dont want her to be the "Hold-me-24/7-baby"!!!! Do I just set her down and let her bawl her eyes out? It breaks my heart when she does, but I cant let her play me like this!

Josh has also started to be like this! if he's not in my arms he cries... He also cries when I put him down in his crib and when he sees me checking on him he smiles! He loves being with mommy.

I've started putting him down next to me when I'm on my laptop in my bed. That's the only time he doesn't cry if he's not in my arms. I try to not have him in my arms as much but stay right next to him. It seems to be working as he's improving (yesterday I put him down in the crib and didn't cry !!!!)

Hope it gets better for you... :hugs:

I plop her down next to me as well and it does mellow her out, but she still wants to be held. I guess I have toughen up. I did it just a few minutes ago and boy did it hurt me when she was wailing, but she fell asleep eventually...

Is it weird that Caitlyn has already started doing this? If I put her down, even if she's already asleep, she screams at me.. :dohh: I must admit 90% of the time, she sleeps with me now.. :blush:

Josh takes nap with me in the afternoon... He loves taking naps in mummy's bed :dohh:

Yeah, I woke up on the sofa with her yesterday morning. So naughty but I closed my eyes saying I'll just rest them for 5 minutes, woke up 3 hours later!

Do you put her in a swing or bouncy/vibrating chair? Erica doesn't like being put down much, but she enjoys being in her swing and her chair. Also she loves being on her playmat.

If this keeps up you could always use a baby carrier, you would still be a kangaroo but at least you would be a kangaroo with your hands free :) I use a baby carrier when Connor refuses to be put down but I want to get something done. Eventually he falls asleep and I can lay him down in his swing.

Forgive me folks but your baby isn't 'playing you'... they don't have the mental capacity to think something that complex out...

Also there's no good research to suggest that holding your baby is going to make them more needy in the future or more wussy or whatever.

Parenting skills adjust to the level of the child, and at this stage those babies just came from an environment where they had human contact 24/7! Even if you hold them 12 hours constantly that's still only half the human contact they are used to.

You may be surprised at how much more independent your babies are at 3 months old, when that last (4th trimester) development is complete. Their brains are a lot more developed, they have bonded with you and their senses are a lot more developed and they can 'explore' their environment. Also by then they've learned how to 'self soothe' and may not need to be held as much.

In non-industrialized nations where mama's don't put their babies down things like colic are unknown and unheard of, and babies rarely cry.

You might consider getting a sling or carrier so you can continue with your daily business and still give baby Keira the comfort she's seeking.

Anyway, just food for thought :)

:hug:

Mine were both like this from time to time when they were little. It was a bit of a nightmare... one would be happily sleeping and the other would be demanding a cuddle and be refusing to be put down.

The sling is the way to go. I'd stick them in it and at least I could carry on. They liked the movement and would nod off. At the time it seemed like it was going on for ever but looking back it wasn't all that long... weeks I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->