IVF and freezing and PGD?

Hopethisyear

Reaction score
Anyone doing an IVF in two cycles? My RE wants to do Egg retrieval then PGD and freeze then the following month do the Embryo transfer. He says it gives time for to prep the uterus for implantation and get all the ovulation hormones out of my system. I've never read about doing it this way before but I know everyone is different.

I'm also doing PGS I am currently on day four of stims my embies will be frozen due to the fact the lab doing the testing is across the country. It will take about a week for the results. Then I will wait till my cycle begins and transfer around that time not sure how the frozen transfer works just yet. But this is pretty common and I've heard that success rates are higher with frozen vs fresh due to the medication leaving your body.

Thanks Wishingforjoy, that makes total sense now. Best wishes to you in your IVF journey. Is this your first?

Yes this is my first IVF I already have a DS conceived without the help of assisted fertility. I was diagnosed with stage four endometriosis. So this is all new to me.

Hi, I've just had a frozen transfer due to ohss but they did say success rates are higher for FET and that in the future they are thinking of everyone doing it this way, a FET is much easier too, estrogen tablets for 1-2 weeks to thicken lining and prevent ovulation then when ready start progesterone and then transfer embryo 5 days later, good luck!

I also did a freeze all due to OHSS. My clinic is also finding better rates with FETs - part of the advantage is that on a FET, 5-day and 6-day blasts will be able to be transferred together and your hormones are much more level. We used a lab that provided us with our results in 24 hrs so there was no need to do a FET but for the OHSS and in the end I am happy I did it that way.

Star - I hope this cycle works for you :dust:
3chords - congrats on your BFP!!!

Thank you hope, it has worked!! been getting bfps since sat 5dp5dt, can't believe it but otd isn't until weds but looking good so far but as it was a fet there was no trigger injection so was able to test early, also had the endo scratch on the cycle before to help implantation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->