IVF at Nuffield Brentwood (Essex)

Hi clarins
Well not so good news I'm afraid, we had one egg removed on Wednesday but chantelle rang today to say that it hadn't divided, so we couldn't transfer. I'm devastated, but to be fair we had a feeling they were going to say that, but all you can do is hope until you receive the phone call. Its pretty common, especially with my amh levels so low, due to my age. So I'm sitting here on the sofa, eating my way through it...... I just feel a bit numb, but me and my partner do feel like we have achieved so much to even come this far. Chantelle recommends egg donation would be our only hope, so we have lots to think about. But to be honest I think we need a bit of time out and a huuuge glass of wine before we embark on another journey. We will go back to see mr haloob and see what he suggests.

So that's it for us at the moment. How are you feeling? I hope you aren't suffering too much with morning sickness etc. Please keep in touch with your progress, I am so happy that it's worked out for you and your hubby. It's wonderful that ivf does work, and you are proof of that my dear, so take care and we'll speak soon
Xxxxx

Moneky 78
Firstly I will say the word that you will hate hearing "sorry"
I can't imgaine the pain and upset you are going through and was really hoping this cycle was going to be your one.
Eat and drink your way through the pain if it helps. I will be thinking about you all this weekend and wish I could help with the upset but I am sure you have a great / perfect hubby who is going through this with you.

With regards to the Egg Doner I do agree its something you both need to think about and of course make that decision together. If it helps Chantelle isn't saying no its never going to happy just that you might need assistance from another area.
Just depends how far emotional you guys want to push yourself.

Do keep me posted and hear for a chat or moan or cry if you need it.

I am sending you all my love

xx

Hi Clarins
Just sitting here and wondered how you are getting on ? Its been a while since we last chatted, I hope things are good for you and everything is going well.

No news from me, we took a bit of a break from it all for the last few months, and i think we are now pretty much decided that we will go down the adoption route soon. Another long road but hopefully it will end up as we wish for.

Take care of yourself and I hope you are keeping well. Would love to hear from you.

xxxx

Hi Ladies

Don't know if your still looking at this topic but was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on Nuffield?
We have had our three NHS cycles at Hometon and unfortunately all three were unsuccessful so we are now looking at going private. Nuffield being quite close to home.
Took a ride there today to have a quick look and think we will probably definitely go there but there doesn't seem to be much info online.

Any comments are welcome?

Thanks Ladies xx

Hiya,

I know I am picking up on an older thread but just wondered if anyone else is still with Nuffiield Brentwood?
We had rubbish experience with NHS appointments and have chosen to go private there, looks like we will be starting our first cycle in October

:)

Hey. I'm glad this thread is picking up. I am also considering IVF at Nuffield Brentwood.
Who is your doctor?

Hello ladies
Have just logged on and seen your posts. I was under Nuffield Brentwood in 2011/2012. I thought they were very good, Dr Haloob is a great Doctor. Unfortunately it didnt work for me, but that was because of my age and egg quality. I wish you both all the luck, it is a very emotional rollercoaster as you know, but you have to give it a go.

We have moved onto adoption, and have just been linked with a 6month old little girl, so hopefully when we meet with our SW this week and obtain a few answers to our queries, we will go ahead and be matched with her. A very very long journey for us, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay strong ladies and best of luck xxx

Hello Ladies

If I can help in any way let me know
My beautiful daughter who is 20 months is IVF from Brentwood
I can not explain what care and how quickly it was.
Nothing was a problem or issue

I do wish however I did look at NHS but she was worth every penny xx

Hi Monkey,

I know how hard it is not to be able to use your own eggs. I tried 3 ivf's Icsi. First I had 6 eggs, 3 embryos, was pregnant for 5 months when we found out our baby girl was very ill... We lost her in oct 2012. I was 40 then. I tried again last October with herts and essex. We produced 2 embryos but I didn't become a mum. They said it was my eggs so my option was to use a donor or adopt. I have few nieces who are happily married ( my 2 yrs older cousin who has 7 daughters he wanted a boy and they never stopped lol) with children. One of them 25yrs old offered to help. She looks just like me and I was happy to use her eggs. We went to Eastern Europe but the dr gave her very low dosage so she produced only 8 eggs. 4 fertilised but only 2 survived day 5. Unfortunately I am still not pregnant. I want to try again with dr haloob at Nuffield. With my niece's help. But I am also interested in adopting. How did you start? Where? Can you please advise.

Thank you
Vix x

Hello ladies
Have just logged on and seen your posts. I was under Nuffield Brentwood in 2011/2012. I thought they were very good, Dr Haloob is a great Doctor. Unfortunately it didnt work for me, but that was because of my age and egg quality. I wish you both all the luck, it is a very emotional rollercoaster as you know, but you have to give it a go.

We have moved onto adoption, and have just been linked with a 6month old little girl, so hopefully when we meet with our SW this week and obtain a few answers to our queries, we will go ahead and be matched with her. A very very long journey for us, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay strong ladies and best of luck xxx

Ohh how sweet!
There are so many babies who are waiting to have loving parents.
Good luck monkey! It is a blessing!

Hello ladies,

I've seen dr haloob yesterday. He seems quite nice and gave me hope. I have to do a test to see if I ovulate. I'm due to see him again on the 19th. I have always been positive an hopefull but with 3 failures I'm am now scared. I have an embryo frozen at Barths day3, 6 follicles. Mr haloob suggested to try transferring the embryo next month or in February. If that doesn't work... I was going to use donated eggs. .. I don't know anymore...
Any suggestion? My tube is blocked (only one ovary) I was told in 2012. Any way the tube can be unblocked? Maybe I can try iui...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->