Ivf cycle converted to iui

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was told today that as one of my follicles has gone wildly into the lead, a second is quite far behind and 4 others are not responding, it's best to convert my ivf cycle to iui.

Although dhs sperm is fine, I will have to pay a similar amount for the scans I've had if I don't do iui so cost wise, it sort if makes sense. Our issue is me, I have low amh.

Just wondering is many others have been through this and what the outcomes were. Any advice or anything?

I can tell you that I tried IUI's for a very long time but have never done IVF. There were some cycles of IUI where I had like 10 mature follicles and didn't get BFP or ended up with a singleton (but lost it). On my last IUI I forget how many follicles there were but it must have only been 1 or 2 and I was so upset. Well this one stuck and I am almost 39 weeks along. I know we all hate to hear it (I know I sure did) but it does only take 1 to be successful.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks ttc first and congratulations!! How does that work if you had 10 mature follicles with iui, what if all 10 had fertilised and implanted?

X

Thanks Mrs W 11. I was willing to take the risk, with my age and history it's not likely that all would take. I haven't had any more than 2 take at a time. At that point I didn't care how many I had I just wanted a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->