ivf/icsi #1 vs. ivf/icsi #2

Blue12

icsi miracle xo
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just recently had a failed ivf/icsi/fet.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/recommendations of what they did differently the second time around?

meds? food? vitamins? exercise? time off? weight loss? anything else?

Thanks so much!!!

Blue xo

Hi Blue, I'm so sorry that your first try didn't work out. Am hoping that the next time round, you'll be blessed with a LO.

In my 1st and 2nd ICSI (both failed under Doctor #1), I was on Buseralin to down regulate and on Gonal-F for Stims. I took my Folic Acid after ET and had Progesterone Suppositories during the 2WW.

In my 3rd ICSI (changed doctor), I was also on Buseralin and Gonal-F. However the difference this time was below:
1. Started taking Folic Acid and Prenatal Multivitamins at least a month before EC. Continued taking it throughout.
2. I have mild PCOS, Doc put me on Metformin.
3. I stopped working at least a week before EC. Rested throughout my 2WW, slept most of the time, minimal stress. In the previous 2 tries, I was working throughout, only took days off for the EC and ET.
4. No papaya, pineapple, watermelon and banana during the 2WW.
5. Lots of prayer every day.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks so much JaniceT. It means a lot to me.

I was thinking of taking the 2ww off next time too.

Congrats on your wonderful news!

Thanks Blue. Yes do take some time off and have as much bed rest as possible. Whatever one does, be it even increasing the chances by 0.5%, it's still increasing the posibilities. My FS said stress is a huge factor, it increases a certain chemical in the body which doesn't encourage implantation.

Many hugs to you, stay strong. Your dreams can come true.

Hi Blue

I'm sorry your ICSI didn't work out :hugs:

I've just started stimming for my second fresh ICSI cycle today.

As Janice has mentioned I too have booked two weeks off work this cycle from the day of EC. My first cycle I had 1 week off and for the FET I only had 1 day off work - on reflection that was such a bad idea and I'm sure it didn't help, we were so busy at work and I really think my stress levels were far too high. I'm defo going to avoid pineapple too, didn't know about bananas - I'm going to give them a miss too now.

Other than taking more time off work I haven't really done anything too differently.

Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Good luck to you, Miss Monty :) I didn't know about the fruits either until the head nurse said there's new research supporting that these fruits have some sort of chemical/hormone (can't remember) which aggitates the uterus. In my opinion, giving it up for 2 weeks, be it true or not is worth it. Any increased chances is all good in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->