jabs.....

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hi all,tabs has an appointment for her first set of jabs tomorrow and im really worried.

Who has had the jabs and who hasn't?
Also what are the side effects of having them done? and for how long do they last? like short term effects?

Im really worried as myself and by 4 bro's and sisters never had any not even bcg at school,we all refused but BF wants them done
Also worried as i have to go to southampton general hospital on thursday for tabs' hips to be looked at because she was breach and its such a journey im wondering whether to put the jabs off for another week if she will be upset for a few days?

HELP i dont know what to do for the best :hissy:

The effects usually only last on the day of the jabs. Get the Calpol in and be prepared for her to be a bit crabby or maybe a bit of a temperature a few hours afterwards. With a bit of luck she'll sleep any side effects off.

I wouldn't put them off.

We had the hip scan too on our little ones and it's nice n quick, though they both wee'd with their nappies off! :lol:

Seth had his jabs a few weeks back. He had a bit of a temperature through that day and was a bit groggy but the next day he was right as rain. It was worse for me than it was for him.

Calpol is brilliant though. Brought his temperature down in a few minutes.

xxx

With a bit of luck she'll sleep any side effects off.

:
Lol she never sleeps so lets hope so!

What should babies temp be normally? i just have one of those underarm thermometers but have calpol at the ready
Still scared of getting them done though but know it must be for the best :-(

My LO was fine, nothing calpol didn't help. I think if their temp is above 38 degrees you need to get it checked out

xxx good luck :hugs:

Yep anything above 38 is clessed as high. Although I made the mistake of taking his temperature after he'd been drying from his head. HV said to measure temperature from their chest?

xxx

agree with above, my LO was also clingy, she didnt want to be put down when awake or have anyone else cuddle her..so dont be worried if Tabs is the same..:hugs: x

Lily has her 3rd set tomorrow, her first were awful, but we never used calpol with her then, the second went so well she just slept the whole day because we gave her calpol, and she never sleeps during the day!

Plleaseeeeeeeeee let tomorrow be like last time![-o<

Good luck with your decision though hun, its a toughy x

Well she got them done and screamed for a couple of minutes then settled down.....the cry she did was so sad though,almost like saying mum....Muu...Muu....Muu :-(
I gave her some calpol straight after and a feed,then immediately went to sleep..ALL ON HER OWN(MIRACLE!!) for a RECORD one and a half hour!!!!!! she only ever has small naps and thats the biggest ever!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if its the calpol or the jabs?
Thanks everyone

My little one has had two lots of jabs and is due his third in a couple of weeks. The first lot was horrible, more for me than him. He screamed when he had them but calmed down and slept most of it off. The second time he was abit my grumpier so we gave him calpol and he was fine a few hours later. I honestly think the jabs effect you more than wee one!!!! xxxx

Jack has his on thursday so pleased tabs' went well i have the capol ready for himx

The cry is the worst bit, isn't it? Doesn't get any better/easier to take (not so far anyway).

How is she now?

When Max got his the ony side effect was he slept allot and was crabby

but other then that nothing bad

Seth has his second lot on Tuesday.

Dreading it :( I cried like ma child last time lol

Pleased it went ok :) Sure she'll be fine tomorrow

xxx

take an hour or so to walk around mothercare whilst you're here:D always cheers me up. they have a sale on girls clothes at the moment. really cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->