Jack doesnt like noise

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
When we went away for a few days and went to the night time entertainment- discos, shows etc if it got loud then Jack didnt like it at all. He would put his fingers in his ears and be miserable. I never thought much of it...

Now hes been getting upset at dinner time at school because its far too noisy for him in the dinner hall with 60 kids in there. He's quite distressed by it, and doesnt want to go to school. He cries at night over it and moans on a morning. He doesnt want me to leave him there when we get there too. :cry:

I spoke to his teacher about it yesterday and she said she'd noticed it the day before - infact it was her that realised it, and when she told me everything made sense inc the holiday. She said she would offer him ear muffs :wacko: but he said that he didnt get any yesterday.

What do i do?!!!!!! :shrug:

Just left him crying his eyes out at school because he's so worried about lunch time and the noise. Teacher said she offered him headphones yesterday, ones that could tell a story but he refused them.

Poor thing is so upset and its breaking my heart too :(

That could be my Daniel you are talking about, Dan hated loud noises until he was about 7-8 years old, we couldnt go to parades, firework displays, nights out, cinema ect. ect.
Dan was terrified, he actually used to take mini panick attacks at halloween, he would hide under the seat and not come out until the fireworks where over. The first few weeks at school the teacher had to comfort him when the bell went off for break or lunch, she actually had to go to his table and sit with him 5 mins before the alarm went off and perpare him for it. The good thing about Dan was that he took lunch to school and the lunch boys stayed in the classroom to eat their lunch, but the first time he took school dinners he came home shook up, it terrified him. It broke my heart and we took him to the doctors for advice, we where told it is very common and he will grow out of it.

I know this is not much help hun, but just to let you know it is common but if you are worried you could always have his ears checked. x x

my daughter hated loud noise to but she grew out of it by the age of 4 and a half before then i use to give her ear muffs, i remember her wearing them at her pre-school disco lol bless her.

i would get his ears checked out definitley. x

That could be my Daniel you are talking about, Dan hated loud noises until he was about 7-8 years old, we couldnt go to parades, firework displays, nights out, cinema ect. ect.
Dan was terrified, he actually used to take mini panick attacks at halloween, he would hide under the seat and not come out until the fireworks where over. The first few weeks at school the teacher had to comfort him when the bell went off for break or lunch, she actually had to go to his table and sit with him 5 mins before the alarm went off and perpare him for it. The good thing about Dan was that he took lunch to school and the lunch boys stayed in the classroom to eat their lunch, but the first time he took school dinners he came home shook up, it terrified him. It broke my heart and we took him to the doctors for advice, we where told it is very common and he will grow out of it.

I know this is not much help hun, but just to let you know it is common but if you are worried you could always have his ears checked. x x

Thanks for replying, only just got round to reading.

Ur post has reminded me of lots of other things that we just shrugged off such as bonfire night - last year we went to a display and he hated it.

I do think it is like you say they grow out of it - or grow used to coping with the noise. Do you remember how long it took Dan to "grow out of it"?

I asked him today if he thinks we should ask the doctor to check him - and usually he goes mad about docs - hates them, but today he said yes, so it must be bothering him..

The most ironic thing is my husband, J's dad, is hard of hearing, and J had to have an extra hearing test when he was younger to check he wasnt the same, little did we realise he was the polar opposite :wacko:

Im dreading the morning already. Hes just gone to bed so im hoping that we dont have a re-run of the last few nights ... getting back up in tears, crying about it, saying he doesnt wanna go. :nope:

Thanks for replying, hope its sorted soon x

my daughter hated loud noise to but she grew out of it by the age of 4 and a half before then i use to give her ear muffs, i remember her wearing them at her pre-school disco lol bless her.

Thanks. Jack is 4.5 now, so its only really become obvious now hes just started school.

Think is boys cant rally wear ear muffs like girls can tho, but she did offer him headfones, but he refused. I dont think he wanted to be singled out by them.

Think ill be making a docs app soon. Thank u x x

Thanks for replying, only just got round to reading.

Ur post has reminded me of lots of other things that we just shrugged off such as bonfire night - last year we went to a display and he hated it.

I do think it is like you say they grow out of it - or grow used to coping with the noise. Do you remember how long it took Dan to "grow out of it"?

I asked him today if he thinks we should ask the doctor to check him - and usually he goes mad about docs - hates them, but today he said yes, so it must be bothering him..

The most ironic thing is my husband, J's dad, is hard of hearing, and J had to have an extra hearing test when he was younger to check he wasnt the same, little did we realise he was the polar opposite :wacko:

Im dreading the morning already. Hes just gone to bed so im hoping that we dont have a re-run of the last few nights ... getting back up in tears, crying about it, saying he doesnt wanna go. :nope:

Thanks for replying, hope its sorted soon x

Spoke too soon, hes up already - 5 minutes!! :cry:

Just spent the last hour consoling him, crying his eyes out. Ive promised him i will ask if i can pick him up before dinner :wacko:

Ive said to him ill come and sit with you in a quiet room while he eats packed lunch, and then he go back in his classroom, but he still got upset about going back to the classroom. My poor heart is breaking for him, hes so terrified :'(

Thanks. Jack is 4.5 now, so its only really become obvious now hes just started school.

Think is boys cant rally wear ear muffs like girls can tho, but she did offer him headfones, but he refused. I dont think he wanted to be singled out by them.

Think ill be making a docs app soon. Thank u x x

LOL yeah true .....shame they dont make ben 10 ear muffs hey. Yes he definitley wont want to look different from the other kids bless him. and i dont blame him.

i hope his ears are okay and that he gets use to the noise soon x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->