Jack Robert born 19/09/08

the_hug

3 boys and a girl
Reaction score
Well I finally got round to writing my birth story out so here it is, better late than never as they say and it is long! lol
I started losing my mucus plug on Wednesday 17th September after having a consultant appointment at the hospital due to measuring big for my dates. They were planning on inducing me on 19th October if I’d not had Jack before, but it seemed Jack wasn’t going to wait that long!
On Thursday I had a bad fall in my back garden pegging the washing out and bruised all my knees, right foot and badly bruised my right arm, which I could not move at all (not helpful when in labour!). Baby was fine and I hadn’t broken anything thankfully! At around 6pm that evening I started losing my water gradually right up until I gave birth. I phoned the hospital about 9pm and they said to wear a sanitary towel (which I had on anyway) and phone them back in 2 hours just to make sure it was my waters breaking. I rang them back and said yes it was definitely my water breaking and by this point I was getting contractions every 10 minutes for about a minute. They said I could either go in or stay home. I said at first I’d stay home, but after about 30 minutes phoned back to say I was coming in as I was in a lot of pain.
We got to the hospital about midnight and they checked me over and I was about 2cm dilated. They also swabbed me for Strep B due to my waters breaking before labour started (turns out I did have it, but only found out 2 days after Jack was born so had no antibiotics during labour, but he was fine thankfully). They put me and my husband in a private room on the postnatal ward due to been only 2cm dilated and all through the night I was having contractions every 5 to 10 minutes for about a minute or so each time with only co-codamol and paracetamol every 4 hours! I tried having a bath once, but due to my bruised arm I nearly didn’t get out as I could put no weight on it! :cry:
This went on until I could take it no more and just wanted something stronger for the pain and I wanted it over with as I had had no sleep since Wednesday night so at 1.30pm on Friday 19th September I was taken to the labour ward and was finally able to try gas and air…..and then proceeded to throw up all over the floor! My midwife said most women do when they are about to give birth. I was checked and she said I was 6cm dilated so after about an hour I begged for an epidural. The midwife found a doctor to fit the epidural, but just before she could start I felt the urge to push. She decided to check me again and said it was too late now the baby was on his way and she could see his hair! So I started pushing and after 3 pushes Jack’s head came out then a finally push and the rest of him followed weighing 7lbs 6oz. :baby: I don’t think I had every been as happy as I was at that moment. :cloud9:
I needed to be stitched up after suffering a 2nd degree tear and was very faint after for a while as whenever I stood up I needed a wheelchair to go to the bathroom. I nearly fainted having a shower as it felt like all my organs were hanging in my body as Jack wasn’t there holding them in place anymore if you know what I mean. :blush:
I stayed in hospital for 1 night only and had a 4 bed ward all to myself, which was a good thing as Jack cried most of the night and wouldn’t breastfeed at all so the midwife ended up giving him a bottle so I could get some much needed sleep!
Sorry it’s a long one, but its so I didn’t forget any of it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->