Jack Thomas Dougan 2/06/09 12 days overdue

kirsty x

Reaction score
Well it all began when i was 40+10 i tripped over and landed on my bump, i wasnt really in pain, just in shock but rang the hospital for advice, they advised me to come in to be checked over. Got to the hospital and was checked over, baby was very active and seemed ok, i had badly swollen ankles and high blood pressure. The doctor wanted me to stay in overnight to be observed but the midwife was a right bitch and didnt want me to stay. Anyway the doctor got her way and said id be staying overnight and being induced in the morning, i was very pleased... then 5 mins later she came back saying there was a space for induction for tonight if i wanted it.. ofc i said!
Well i arrived in the induction suite and a gel and tablet was inserted in me, was only 1cm dilated. Had this for 6 hours and it did nothing just a few faint contractions. 6 hrs later i was given another this did nothing apart from make me lose my never ending plug lol. Well still nothing happening so after waiting from 10.30 in the morning at 5pm they move me to delivery suite. Got there had a shower and got comfy, the mw broke my waters which felt weird and warm lol and put me on a drip. Nothing happened, an hour later started gettin regular contractions. mw kept upping the drip, at 7pm i was checked as i was having contractions every min, i was only 3cm dilated so they gave me diamorphine.. this just made me very sleepy. I managed to stay awake and was in more pain with contractions coming more regularly and now i was gtin pains in my back aswell. At about 11 oclock i was askin for an epidural because the pain was becoming really bad, they told me that i wouldnt be able to get one for a few hours because the anethasist was busy and there was only one, they gave me gas and air. By 1am i was screamin, contractions coming on top of each other and in my back (as the baby turned back to back) which was awful. Was about to get my epi but with each contraction i was shouting saying i was havin a poo and it felt like i needed to push, OH managed to persude them to check me first to see if i was dilated.. they said i wouldnt be and didnt want to check me as it wasnt time to yet. Anyway they checked and i was fully dilated. After hours of painful pushing and tearing.. Jack Thomas Dougan was born at 2nd june,2.41am weighing 8lb8oz. I ended up having 2 2nd degree tears n lots of little cuts, mw stitched me up and undone them and let the doctor do them as it was like a maze apparenlty all the stitches they did, it took 2 hrs but i didnt feel much i was sleeping in between them coz of the gas and air lol. Jack is perfect!

Attachments

• P050609_11.33.JPG
    P050609_11.33.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 53
  • P070609_09.44[02].JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 23
Congratulations :wohoo:

he is gorgeous!!! x

Congratulations he is beautiful x

Ouch..sorry about your falling over.
Congratulations though!
He's gorgeous.