Jack Vincent born 2 weeks early!

embo216

Mummy to 3 <3
Reaction score
I think this one should be pretty quick, we'll see!:haha:

OK so I wake up about 8.30 and have this odd feeling, move to get out of bed and pop go my waters! Shocked!! I go pop some pads in and have a bit of a panic! Luckily Jack picked a day where his dad was round to have Lily ( we're not together anymore- longgg story!)

So I think thank goodness I'm not on my bloody own! I get on the phone to try and contact my Sister in law who would be having Lily while I was in labour, she says bring her over asap so I go off to pack a bag for her, should have been done a while ago!:dohh:

I phone labour ward just to let them know I'll be in eventually, but they tell me because my waters have gone they want to check me over. So Paul takes me to drop Lily off and we go off to hospital. My mum who is my birth partner is currently trying to get out of work to come help me!

Contractions are getting stronger by now and the car is not helping at all! Paul decides he wants a sodding Mc Donalds, I stupidlly agree to let him go drive thru on the way, oh my god I thought I was having Jack in the car!!

So its safe to say he hurried his food down and got me there! I felt a lot better once out of the car. Had to wait a while for a midwife as they were all having a training session, nice timing again Emily!

She finally arrives and does my blood pressure and my urine, everything is fine, get strapped out to the monitor thing which I hate! Baby is great and active. I tell her I would love a water birth and was told that should be fine as long as they are staffed for it. But she informs me that I couldn't because my BMI was too high and that basically they don't have a 'HOIST' to get me out if I collapse :growlmad: I didn't like her much after that!

I got a birthing bath which helped a bit. I went on the gas and air at about 3. My mum arrived, had my 1st internal by the midwife who tells me I'm bloody 3cm dilated!!! I think I cried

Contractions got a lot stronger and very close together over the next few hours but the good old gas and air made me feel like I was flying :thumbup:

6 comes round and she decides to give me another internal, about 6 cm she tells me! arghhhhhh No way I could do another 4 hours!

Next hour was intense and I was sure I was getting close! 7o clock comes round and I can start to feel the familiar feeling of pressure and needing to push! Mum runs out and gets midwife, who prepares her table and gets someone in to help her deliver. 7.16 comes round and it's time! 9 minutes later of intense pushing and Jack arrives beautifully! Straight up onto me and I'm in bloody heaven:cloud9:

I had a 2nd degree tear but nothing too major, she stitched me up a little and I had a bath which was lovely Jack got weighed and was 8lb 8 1/2oz. About 10 I went up to the ward with Jack, everyone went home and I just sat there in ore of him :kiss:

Went home the next day about 11am and the rest they say is history!

Here's my boy!

Jack Vincent Peter after both his granddads who he's lost

Attachments

• jack1.jpg
    jack1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 24
  • jack2.jpg
    jack2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 23
  • jack3.jpg
    jack3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
Nice straight forward birth! He is gorgeous. Congrats!! xxxxx

well done honey! what a wonderful birth story, and many congratulations again :cloud9: i think i may have hit the mw though! good old hospital!

Huge congratulations darling, he is gorgeous :cloud9:

Well done!

xxx

Congrats again Emily!

Excellent story. Your lil man looks gorgeous, well done! x

he is gorgeous, congratulations xxxx

Did you have him at st johns?

Congrats hun that sounds like a lovely birth and Jack is soooooooo cute look at them cheeks i want to snuggle him (ahem...im broody!!) Anyway.......well done you!! xxx

wow can i have a birth like that?

stupid midwife tho. :hug: huni x

a big congrats on baby Jack.

How is Lily getting on having him around?
just curious just for when this one comes along with joshua.

Thank you! Lily has been really good so far, she's been a little jealous but not too bad. She gets very excited and just keeps saying 'baby, it's good!' :haha:

How are you feeling? x

There are some tactful MW's at St Johns lol!!! Did you not have a Maccy D's?????

No induction, so glad everything went smoothly for you! He's gorgeous Emily x x x x

wow... wasn't expecting that when i came on!! Congrats on your baby boy hun :cloud9: xxx

Thank you! Lily has been really good so far, she's been a little jealous but not too bad. She gets very excited and just keeps saying 'baby, it's good!' :haha:

How are you feeling? x

im feeling good apart from i dont have anyone to have Joshua while im in labour or when i need to go to the hospital.
im starting to worry now.
im hoping joshua will be ok with a baby.

he is gorgeous, congratulations xxxx

Did you have him at st johns?

Yep that's the one :) You having your little girl there? x

i was hoping to have her at wjc in braintree but shes breech & if she doesnt turn i will have to have a c section at st johns. The midwives seem so mean there. When i was at the birth of my niece there last year they were so grumpy, i hope they aint like that all the time.

At wjc they treat you like you are at home, i really hope she doesnt stay breech.

awww lovely birth story, congratulations em he's a trooper, well done

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back