jacob or jake?

C

cherryglitter

this is a bit of a random one!

jakes full name is jacob.

but we never ever call him jacob and he is known as jake!
i'm getting his name tattooed (when this one's popped out!) and i'm torn between getting jake or jacob. :shrug:

i'm very inclined to get jake but obviously that isn't his name on his birth certificate.

If it was me I would personally go for Jake, it would seem that bit more personal iykwim?

I'd go for Jake.....

My DD2 is Francesca, but from day 1 we've called her Frankie (unless we are super cross with her, then it's Francesca!)

My OH had Frankie tattooed on him :thumbup:

I would go for Jacob if thats his 'proper' name.

What if when he's a bit older he starts using the name Jacob and then you've got his nickname tattoed on you?

x

I would go with Jake since thats what you know him by.

If you call him Jake then it makes sense to go for that!.... We call Tom Tom although he's called Thomas. If I got a tattoo I'd go for Tom :o)

Jacob - Thats his name and just cos you call him Jake now, doesnt mean that when hes older and can make his own choices, he wont prefer to be called Jacob.

I'd go for Jake too as that's what you know him by x

My oldest is called Jake......

All the cool kids are called Jake:winkwink:

i would go for Jacob thats his name x

i've just remembered - my dad has a tattoo of my name but it's my nickname. literally nobody calls me by my name on my birth cert. it's funny!

Btw I actually love the name Jacob, there's two at a toddler group we go to and both are just so cute. Do you have a name in mind for your girly? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->