Jaiden has a virus

charlottecco2

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just got back from a day in hospital, they nearly kept us there for a few nights, but i know Jaiden heals better at home so they let us go with the agreement i would take him back straight away if he got any worse.

He developed a cold 4 days ago and started vomitting, which he doesn't normally do as long as his dialysis (kidney) machine is doing its job. I rang the hospital saturday and they said he had bronchitis and to just keep an eye on it, so he has been screaming, coughing, vomitting and totally unhappy for the last few days. On top of that he is not sleeping day or night and we are both soooo tired.

This morning he started violently vomitting, so i rushed him into hospital, where we pumped dextrose into him through his nasal gastric tube, they needed to take his bloods as they do every week, but couldn't because he was dehydrated and your blood goes thick when you are dehydrated and won't flow out of you. So we waited for a couple of hours for him to absorb some fluid before they took some blood.

After examining him they confirmed he had a virus, but they couldn't give him medication, because he was already going through the worst of it, so we just have to see it through. And hopefully when the virus clears up he will stop being sick, he looks so ill and has lost so much weight...

Its so frustrating, him reaching 10kg and being able to have his kidney transplant seems sooooo far away right now. :hissy: xx

Oh and i found a really good site that explains peritoneal dialysis, which is the machine jaiden is connected to for 9 hours everynight, if anyone wants to have a look. https://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk/site/pdanim.php

:hugs: Really hope he gets better soon and starts putting some weight back on xx

I am really sorry he is poorly and i hope he gets better soon. I hope it isnt too much of a set back.

It sounds like a very very nasty bug - a D&V bug has been going round here lately.

Get well soon Jaiden!

Oh poor Jaiden! Hopefully he gets through this nasty virus quickly and he can start putting the weight back on. I watched the video, it is interesting how they figured that out!

Hope he gets better soon! :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear Jaiden was poorly, I hope he is feeling a bit better now xXx

Hope he heals quickly and gain lots of weight back xxxx:hugs:

Really sorry to hear he's poorly, really hope he gets better soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"