Jailed for aborting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lina

Hooyo
Reaction score
Not sure how many have seen the following story, but if abortion is legal then isn't the setting of a particular date arbitrary?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-19621675

Thoughts..

What she did was murder. In New York abortion is legal up to 24 weeks, which I feel is horrible and ridiculous :cry: She intentionally took a pill to kill her baby at 39 weeks? That is full term, why didn't she do it at 4 weeks? Why let the baby develop and then kill it? I only believe in abortion in certain situations( rape, incest) and I don't believe it should be done later than 8 weeks, it doesn't take you 24 weeks to know you are pregnant. I think it is horrible New York allows it to 24 weeks, it makes me upset.. I think this woman should have been jailed, why not give up the baby for adoption? just doesn't make sense to me . :nope:
What is the law in the U.K on the amount of weeks till it is legal?

Is it 24 weeks in the uk too

Words fail me on this story, Liam was born in the 39th week of pregnancy

WTF? Hell, even doctors consider a baby viable at 24 weeks - this is murder!!!!

Why the hell wasn't she on bc? Two previous pregnancies resulting in one adoption and one abortion. Clearly she didn't want to be a mom.

Lock her up. Forget the whole "oh, she doesn't need jail, she needs help" bullshit. She does need help. She also needs to be held responsible for her actions, which in this case is jailtime.

This breaks my heart- Joseph was born not long after 39 weeks, too. Agreed, this is murder. It would hurt but not surprise me if it turns out that the child was not actually stillborn from the drug when he was delivered. She could easily have found a doctor willing to induce her and put the poor lo up for adoption. Imagine how many people on here would have given their right arm to carry, give birth to, and raise that child with all the love in the world. I need baby cuddles now.

What she did was murder. In New York abortion is legal up to 24 weeks, which I feel is horrible and ridiculous :cry: She intentionally took a pill to kill her baby at 39 weeks? That is full term, why didn't she do it at 4 weeks? Why let the baby develop and then kill it? I only believe in abortion in certain situations( rape, incest) and I don't believe it should be done later than 8 weeks, it doesn't take you 24 weeks to know you are pregnant. I think it is horrible New York allows it to 24 weeks, it makes me upset.. I think this woman should have been jailed, why not give up the baby for adoption? just doesn't make sense to me . :nope:
What is the law in the U.K on the amount of weeks till it is legal?

24 weeks but you can terminate up until full term but after 24 weeks i think it has to go to a ethics board and is only done when the baby is perversely disabled or the pregnancy will harm the mum in a very serious way

I'm pro choice, in Canada we have no abortion laws but if you're going to have one, do it as soon as you find out. And if you don't want any (more) children, get sterilized.
However, I whole heatedly believe that any mother who can harm her own child needs a psych evaluation and not jail. Human beings are wired to care for their babies, any woman who deviates from that is the very definition of insane (and not criminally responsible). You can't punish someone from being insane.

Thread closed per forum rules and TOS:

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back