James?

Babybug

Reaction score
Our boy name is almost definately going to be James Anthony. I have discovered that james is number 7 or 8 on the top names list (uk)im quire surprised by that becausr I didnt think it was that common these days, just wondering if it is still really common in some areas. We are from the north east but living in Germany with the forces I dont think I have come accross a James either at DDs school or in my job as a nurse ( I do baby injections as part of it so lots of kids and names).

What's your experience of the name James, I really dont want him to be one of 4or5 in his class.

I love the name. It is so classic you just can't go wrong. Seems timeless to me. And you're right I think it's much less common these days. Good choice!

Is it officially top 10?! I don't know any babies called James at all!

I love it. We would be using it but it's my brothers name.
Will be a middle name if this one is a boy as it's my dad's middle name.

I only know of 1 and that's my brother. Never heard it ahouted out down the park or came across any at baby groups xx

There are a few at baby groups round here. It's my youngest middle name and also my nephews name (he's older), but it is a family name on that side

I like it. Its fob's name actually. I think it was much more popular in our generation than it is now. I dont know any babies called James. Its a solid, classic name and you shouldn't have a problem.

I know only one. James is my son's middle name (the same as my OH). I love the name.

It's my partners name. I know a lot of James's of mine and my partners age (25+) but I don't know any babies or kids with the name x

I have one so am biased but think it's a great name- classic, timeless, perfect in every way- I dive know how we'll ever find another name to match it if we have another boy! Lol

I didn't realise it was so popular when we chose it, but even so I only know 1 other.

As a teacher it's the kind of name there may be more than one of in a class but usually one goes by Jamie or jim. It's not anywhere near jack in popularity, & as it's a classic it doesn't matter- not like having two Montys!

Go for it- it's a fab name choice & you can't go wrong with it :)

Xxx

I don't know any James' under 5?? Quite a few of my friends are called James but they are all 30 plus! :) xx

I think it's a wonderful boy's name, and not as common now as it used to be. I might use it for a middle name, but not a first..but that's only because my husband and both of our fathers are named James :)

I'm from Canada, an the name James isn't common at all. However I will be using that name as a middle name if we have another boy. In honor of my husbands best friend who died of cancer 1 yr ago. I think the name is wonderful. Even if it is popular I would still use it!

I liked the name james but got a few family members already named that and we weren't trying to name our son after them so we went with Jamison. We still call me Jamie as a nickname and pretty sure we wont run into any other Jamisons any time soon lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->