Janet's wedding journal - 30/07/2015

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
So, after almost 5 years of engagement me and OH (well, mainly me!) have decided to take the plunge and get married.

We have already booked the church and so far have paid the deposit on it. We have decided on a beautiful church just 10 minutes walk from where we live. It has a beautiful altar in the gardens and lovely flowers which would look lovely for the photo's.

We want a simple and relaxed wedding with minimal fuss but that doesn't mean I don't want to feel like a princess :winkwink:

We have also decided where we will be having our honeymoon. My mum has offered to take a week off work and watch Callum while we go away. I was a bit nervous at first because Callum has autism but he loves my mum and I know he will have an amazing time.

Because we are leaving Callum at home we have decided to book a lovely little cottage in Dorset (we are in Hampshire) so if we need to come back early for one reason or another it isn't too difficult. This is the one we have chosen..

https://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/dorset/forgetmenot

It worked out a lot cheaper than I was expecting too so I am pleased about that. We will be booking it in October/November time.

So, I am starting to look at things for the ceremony/reception and have decided to start buying things if I see a good deal on them. We are having a purple/lilac and ivory theme so I have got some table decorations so far. We have these...

Attachments

• beads.JPG
    beads.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
  • petals.jpg
    petals.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
I also couldn't help looking at wedding dresses and so far I have seen 2 that I love. They are both very different from each other and I just can't decide which one I want to wear more. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• dress1.JPG
    dress1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 3
  • dress 2.JPG
    dress 2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
So, I am trying to get the ball rolling and have now bought some purple and lilac just married balloons, some 'just married' confetti for the tables and some little padded white hearts for decoration.

I have also emailed a couple of DJ's as the wedding reception venue has now been booked :)

We are having the reception at a really nice pub about 10 minute drive away and it's come cheap too as my parents know the owners so that's a bonus.

I have also enquired about a wedding car because I know it's the 'done thing' but honestly the cheapest I can find is like £300 and I live literally 10 minute WALK from the church and i will only be wanting to be picked up, taken to the church, then picked up from the church and taken back home! A cab would charge about £2 so it's ludicrous. Considering just driving off in OH's ford :haha:

How much would everyone say is a reasonable price for a DJ for 4 hours? I don't want to end up paying too much that's all

Eek I am crazy excited.

The acrylic heart beads for table decorations I ordered arrived today and they are as beautiful as i hoped they'd be. Perfect amount too so I don't have to order anymore.

I have chosen our wedding cake now. The topper is going to be a heart with "Mr and Mrs Hill" on it in purple so ignore the birds but the rest is exactly the same..

DJ has also been chosen and seems very professional and interested in what we want which is perfect as we don't want some sloppy DJ who isn't interested in our wants and needs.

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3
Callum's suit has been chosen but I can't buy it yet obviously as I have no idea what size he might be in this time next year. His sizes change eratically so I don't want to chance it right now. OH's suit has also been chosen and he is going to look amazing <3. I have chosen my dress and shoes too!! Here they all are...btw OH's tie is the darker purple.

Attachments

• shoes.JPG
    shoes.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
  • the dress.JPG
    the dress.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
  • groom suit.JPG
    groom suit.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
  • tie.jpg
    tie.jpg