January 2009 x

Vivanco

Reaction score
Samuel.jpgSo i thought i would finally post this...............

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-01-09-section-tomorrow-todays-cancelled.html
(just a history of why he came so early)

On the 6th Jan i woke early got DD ready for nursery and made my way to the hospital for my C-section, only to be told they were unable to perform the c-sections as the was no space on neonatal for little man, after lots of tears it was decided i should be back at the hospital for 8am the following morning.

Jan 7th @ 8am we arrived at the ward, were shown again to a bed and told by the midwife that we needed to wait until 8.30am when the doctors on the neonatal unit did their rounds to see if a space would be avaliable for our little man. Oh kept telling me to expect the worse, expect to be sent home again, but by this time i was a wreck!!!! 30 minutes slowly ticked by and during this time i was visited by the anasthnatist who explain the whole epidural and every single detail of what to expect, which eased my mind a little but i was still on edge as i didn't yet know if it would go ahead.

At 8.30am the midwife came back and gave us the thumbs up, it was to go ahead. So in the next 20 minutes i had all my obs done and changed into a lovely hospital gown. The midwife checked position of baby and said he was still breech. At about 9.45am we walked down to theatre, Oh went off to change into scrubs. I was introduced to everyone in theater and sat on the bed for the drip in my hand and my epidural, they tried 3 times to get it in and on the forth it went in, not painful really just feels strange, it was all a bit surreal at this point, especially when i had to have my legs lifted in the air to get the epidural going, :blush: with no pants on!!

I had two female surgeons and all i really remember now is it only seemed like a couple of minutes before they were pulling little man out and he was SCREAMING!!!!!! Saw a flash of lots of black hair and being told he weighed 5 lbs 8 oz then he was checked over and i remember watching them pass him to OH and seeing a tear roll down his face as he looked down at his son and i fell in love with him all over again.

I kept asking how long????? Have you finished yet when they were sewing me up but all in all it really wasn't as bad as i expected, the worst part was obviously not being allowed out of bed for 24 hours or to hold my little man for the next 8 days, but after 11 days on the neonatal unit, jaundice, due to reshus incompatability, weight loss to 4 lbs 11oz and a collapsed lung, Samuel Patrick Jr is now home with mummy, daddy and big sister!!!!

Attachments

• Samuel (2).jpg
    Samuel (2).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Samuel and Georgia.jpg
    Samuel and Georgia.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 81
Congratulations !!!!
what a cute little man :):hug::hugs:

Congratulations! You were very brave, so glad it all went well eventually.

He's gorgeous!!

How gorgeous!
I bet you are so proud, what a strong little fighter :)
xxx

He's beautiful hun, i thought you was about to say the worst thing about it all was the mad woman who text you all the time hehe xx

he is so cute hun and so very tiny, congratulations

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back